Mt. Irvine Fish Market

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
NIN49
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Mt. Irvine Fish Market

Post by NIN49 »

Hello all. Forgive me if the information is somewhere on this site but I cannot find times to pick up fish caught locally at Mt. Irvine. I need a reasonable ballpark time and if the fisherman go out seven days a week. Cheers.
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Re: Mt. Irvine Fish Market

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

Most of the Fish Markets are 8:15-9:00am (Not on SUNDAYS, nobody fishes that day).
Some of the Fish Markets have an evening market at around 5pm-6pm depending on the location and the time the fisherman get their boats in. Basically if the sun has set, they are probably out of fish.

I have the best luck at Pigeon Point and Lambeau, obviously only if you have a car...If you are staying somewhere along Shirvan Rd, Mt. Irvine may be your only choice.
NIN49
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by NIN49 »

Thank you Kurt. I have had luck at the small white building next to the Mt. Irvine fish market. Will check out your suggestions.
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

There are usually a couple of people selling by the side of the road a few yards from the white ‘co-operative’building. They will be selling the fish THEY caught that day and not charge extra to clean it! Boats come in mid-late afternoon. I have never bought fish in the morning?

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”