Fresh Fish

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Fresh Fish

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hi everyone ! Coming in May & was curious about the cost of fresh fish ? Also was the Castara Fishermans co-op ever finished ? All the best - Rick
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Fresh Fish

Post by Chris Runciman »

On our last visit fish in Castara was $25 a pound.
Before cleaning. Lion fish $35. ( great tasting fish!) . Lobster can be same. I put lobster in the freezer first which seems a more humane(?) way to kill them before I clean them. Flying fish was €20, more fiddly to clean. A chap was selling 5lb of fresh shrimp for $100 . Shark can be a lot less.
Fish from the Seine betters ( worth getting involved!!) can be cheaper but catching and cooking your own Cavaly or greenback is a real treat.
No the , err, fishing facility has not been finished, there is an election due so there may be a flurry of activity in the new year along with a bit of road resurfacing etc ......
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Thanks, Chris, but perhaps I should just mention that the prices Chris is quoting are in TTD - not USD.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Thanks Chris for the info . Steve I assumed TT's but thanks also . Amazing about the co-op building , I can't remember what year it started but it's been awhile .Coming in May [it's been awhile for me] can't wait !! All the best - Rick
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Rick

Sorry, didn't mean to be patronising or anything. :oops: I realised that an 'old-hand' like you would have know that, but I was more clarifying the point for the benefit of of new readers and/or those who are not so familiar with Tobago and who may have assumed that it was USD, making Tobago VERY expensive. :P

Cheers
Steve
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

No worries Steve no offence taken none meant . I would not like anyone to miss Tobago . It is a very special natural place that is disappearing in the caribbean . I would hate a misunderstanding too ! - Rick

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”