LIQUID SUNSHINE

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: LIQUID SUNSHINE

Post by Paul Tallet »

WEATHER FOR THE WEEK AHEAD … 16TH FEBRUARY 2020

In recent days the weather has become quite cloudy and with periods of rain here and there around the south east Caribbean.

This is weather from South America which burns away the SAL and brings generally dull weather. This weather activity will die down over the next couple of days and should be replaced by fair weather and trade showers for the rest of the week.

The seas look moderate but they could get a little higher in midweek before calming back to moderate by the end of the week.

I should have mentioned the impacts from Storm Ciara on the UK last week which will have disrupted many flights. This weekend is no different with Storm Dennis causing more flooding but slightly less in the way of wind. So anyone flying to Tobago in the next 48 hours should keep an eye on their flight information.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

WEATHER FOR THE WEEK AHEAD
WET START?

A rain streamer is moving across the south east Caribbean and burning back the Saharan Air Layer (SAL). This is bringing increased cloud and localised rainfall which will be hit and miss.

This trend looks like lasting until mid-week but some islands may not get any rain at all.

Things should improve towards the end of the week. The sea looks calm to moderate.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

WEATHER FOR THE WEEK AHEAD … 1ST MARCH 2020
CALMER AND HOT

This week the pressure gradients have widened and the SAL has returned. This indicates calmer seas, hotter temperature by day and cooler temperatures over night.

It does not mean it will not rain, just that there will be fewer showers but my predictions are less reliable after 72 hours and things can change. The only things I can see changing from midweek will be a slight increase in the sea heights and there is a prospect of haziness or cloud due to the SAL influence.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

WEATHER FOR THE WEEK AHEAD … 8TH MARCH 2020
LITTLE CHANGE

The main influence is the Saharan Air Layer (SAL) this week. It will be hot and hazy on most days and there could be some cloudiness and occasional light rain.

Tobago's weather nemesis over the south American rainforests has a very small risk of setting off rain streamers but it is slow moving. If the perpetual low pressure over Columbia deepens then some rain could come from this direction.

The sea looks calm to moderate. The trade winds turn from the north east in midweek so this could pep the sea up but not for long as they turn back to the east by the end of the week.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

WEATHER FOR THE WEEK AHEAD … 15TH MARCH 2020
UNSETTLED AND UNPREDICTABLE

Those pesky north easterly streamers have started up. The south American rainforests are lighting up with thunderstorms and a low pressure system just off the northern Leeward Islands is partly responsible for dragging up this unpredictable weather. It is currently raining in Tobago.

The streamers are long narrow bands of rain and these do not move sideways, they move lengthwise which means that one area could be under a streamer for hours while islands close by stay dry.

This looks like being the situation for the first half of this week and it is very difficult to predict where and when the rain will fall.

Away from the streamers is a high chance of cloud but the sun will come out in some places.

The seas appear to be calm to moderate but there are signs that the sea could get heavier towards the end of this week.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

WEATHER FOR THE WEEK AHEAD & COVID-19 … 22ND MARCH 2020

Well what a mighty fine mess the World is in at the moment and this could set in over the longer term.

Liquid Sunshine is primarily for tourists in Tobago so if there are little or none of them left (subject to them getting out) in Tobago I would propose to start a break from forecasting weekly, surely the weather is the last thing on people's minds, and to reboot when tourism returns.

If there are any objections to this please post these to the Liquid Sunshine Feedback Forum … I will be happy to carry on if there is a demand.

I also propose to do the 2020 Hurricane Forum as normal, starting from 1st June or sooner if there is a development prior to this.

So … this week looks a little on the cloudy side with areas of cloud moving off the South American Continent. There could be some rain with this here and there. From what I can see the winds are quite light and the sea is calm to moderate and the clouds should break at times to give sunshine. If the winds pick up then I would expect more sunshine.

Stay Safe.
Paul Tallet

Return to “Weather”