Paul Tallet - Sad News

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Paul Tallet - Sad News

Post by Steve Wooler »

It is my sad duty to inform readers that Paul Tallet is terminally ill with stage IV cancer in the pancreas, liver and lymph nodes.

Paul has been a regular visitor to Tobago for the past 21 years and joined this forum 18 years ago. He has posted more than 3,640 posts since then, so his massive contribution to our little community is plain to see. Paul will undoubtedly be best remembered for his comprehensive weekly Tobago hurricane and weather forecasts.

Surprisingly, Paul and I have only met in person a couple of times. Despite that, we have shared many thousands of words in posts and emails making him a friend of long standing. The news is still fresh, and I am frankly at a loss for words. I do not want this to read like an obituary.

What I must say, however, is that the correspondence we have shared over the past few days show what a remarkably brave and resilient chap Paul is. Notifying people of something like this cannot be easy and so I appreciate his sentiment “I would rather be cracking jokes about cancer than going through this process”. His apologies for being unable to continue the weather forecasts almost brought me to tears.

Paul – thanks for your amazing contribution over the years. Our hearts go out to you and your family.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Paul Tallet - Sad News

Post by Hugh S »

Very sad. Sending all the best thoughts and prayers.

The attached photo is from January 2014 at Kings Bay Cafe.

Hugh 8) :(
Attachments
King's Bay with Paul_0668-1600.jpg
SueShard
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by SueShard »

Thank you Paul for all of your posts, I have really enjoyed reading them, always interesting and sometimes humorous, they brightened up my week. What a contribution you have made to this forum over the years!
Gill O
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Gill O »

I echo the thanks for your contribution to the My Tobago website. I love your humorous posts and on point reviews. Thinking of you.
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Best Wishes { I'm the large man with his back to the camera in the picture above - It was a pleasure meeting you and the others} - Rick
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Paul,
We have only met I think once, I'm part of the "good for nothings" in Hugh's photo. What a fun, great day!
My Tobago will just not be the same...your weather reports (the only ones that were right) and your witty & sometimes controversial comments (good thing to do) will be sorely missed. Wishing you joy and peace on this new journey and love to your dear companion (The NURSE)
Cheers
Roger D.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Roger D. »

Paul - I'm thinking of you. I will surely miss your posts, your humor and good "naturedness". My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Bob White
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Bob White »

Paul has brought Tobago and the Islands per se to life with the weekly weather updates making us all feel that bit closer to the Caribbean from 4000+ miles distance across the Pond. We will miss your posts, invaluable insights and your humour. Thank you. 🇹🇹😎
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

All the best to you Paul
RosieK
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by RosieK »

Please let me echo the sentiments already expressed. If I had my druthers Paul would have a well-deserved medal for "Services to Tobago Tourism". Always enjoyed your knowledgable contributions.
Ambroseosullivan
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Ambroseosullivan »

Thank you for all your wonderful posts, Paul.
My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

It is my very sad duty to inform readers that Sue Tallet contacted me last night to let me know that Paul passed away peacefully on 15th May last. Because there was only 2 weeks between formal diagnosis and Paul’s passing, it was particularly difficult for Sue, so it is perfectly understandable that she is only now feeling up to the task of informing people.

I have taken the liberty of extending sympathy and condolences to Sue on behalf of our regular readership.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

So sorry to hear of the news. We lost one of the good guys.
SueShard
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by SueShard »

So sorry, condolences to Paul’s family and friends. I’ve missed Paul’s posts, informative and sometimes humorous. I never met Paul but I imagine he was a lovely guy.
Gill O
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Gill O »

Just so sorry.
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

So sad - Best wishes to his family.
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

Just checking in after a long absense. I never met PAUL, but I always enjoyed interaction here with him. I'm very sorry.
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

I have been away from the site for a long time due to the COVID epidemic and was deeply distraught by the sad news. I always enjoyed Paul´s wise comments. Whom the Gods love pass away prematurely.
PAULDJ4
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by PAULDJ4 »

It is a long time since I logged into My Tobago and it really is incredibly sad to find that Paul has passed away. We had a lot of dialogue when Leita and I first wanted to visit Tobago and he was kind enough to send me a video of his time in Castara and we both shared a long love of the Naturalist Resort. Thanks Paul you were an inspiration to us.

Return to “Weather”