time in trinidad leaving tobago?

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

time in trinidad leaving tobago?

Post by Pbpamela »

We have a question about flying out of tobago. Our trinidad flight leaves at 1:30 am, so we will have to fly from TAB to POS the day before. Should we just take the latest flight possible and hang out at the airport until 11:30 pm to board our flight, or is it worth going earlier in the day and trying to do something in trinidad, or just go in time to go out for dinner? We wouldn't have a car, so I guess we'd have to taxi anywhere we go?

Thank you,
Pamela
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: time in trinidad leaving tobago?

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Pamela

It is so frustrating that most travellers from North America have to go via POS, rather than being able to flight direct from TAB.

I guess its a matter of personal choice and preference. I've never made that journey, so can't speak from personal experience. Hopefully some North American readers can jump in here and give the benefit of their advice. Personally, I would forget about 'making a day of it', simply on the grounds that we would likely get hot and sticky during the day and not want to suffer the flight home in our 'day' clothes. On top of that, the airline ground services are pretty primitive and you would probably have a problem checking in early enough to leave you time to leave the airport - and you certainly wouldn't want to be lugging around your checked baggage. So, my advice would be to go mid-evening and make sure you have a good book.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pbpamela »

Thank you Steve, The last flight on CA is at 9:45 which would make for a good connection for a 1:30 am flight, but is it dependable enough? Would it be better to do the 5:20 even if it means sitting in the airport for 6 hours?
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

It would be safer!!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pbpamela »

Got it😊. It would be awkward with all of our luggage, but is it reasonable to take a taxi and go to dinner? Can anybody comment on that idea?

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”