vegetarian food?

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

vegetarian food?

Post by Pbpamela »

Hello!
We are very excited about our upcoming trip to tobago. We will be staying around the plymouth area. Can anybody make suggestions on good restaurants for vegetarian food? It doesn't have to be specifically "vegetarian". For example, and italian place that offers a few dishes that are vegetarian, or indian, or whatever...

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thank you,
Pamela
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: vegetarian food?

Post by Hugh S »

Kariwak Village Restaurant has many delicious meatless offerings. Plus they make a great rum punch!

Shore Things Cafe & Craft always has healthy and tasty offerings without meat too.

La Tartaruga has meatless pasta dinners and great wine.

8)
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pbpamela »

Hugh, thank you for the ideas! I will look them up. We are so looking forward to this trip.
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

Not been to Plymouth for years so no local info to impart but you could add in Seahorse in Grafton, about which i hear good things and its a bit closer to you. Most local restaurants sell non-meat dishes as a matter of course but it wont be advertised as "vegetarian" - it just is !.

If doing any catering at home you will be able to procure much non-meat produce - Pennysavers have really uped their game recently, Carnbee would be your nearest and its always well stocked and less busy then Canaan. Moorsheads stock some specific vegan items but pricey. You'll get your fruit and veg anywhere but, if in the area, the Bon Accord Food Basket (adjacent the tabernacle on milford road) and Public Demand Food Market (off Kilgwyn Bay Rd near Jacobs Plaza) are worth stopping at (Public Demand are SDA so closed Fri/Sat). A cautionary tale - dont be tempted to see what Jacobs Plaza may have in their freezers. I was not expecting that !!!

And dont discount "fast food" outlets. Al Wadi and Skewers (again Crown Point though) have a range of middle eastern non-meat dishes at reasonable prices - just order a range of "sides" as opposed to a main "combo". The place opposite the gas station on the Milford Rd which used to be bamboo mile has reopened offering breakfast/brunch of the whole foods variety. Fortune Chinese Rest. (Milford Rd) is still going strong - take away and eat in (of the "characterful" type) and i'm told that "Eat Time" chinese rest (Corner Shirvan Rd and Buccoo Rd) is very good, also take away and eat in.

Points to note - Kariwak is only slowly "winding up" its activities and Shore Things dont open for dinner
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Thanks Paul! I was counting on someone like you to fill in the gaps as we have not been around as much lately.

Hugh 8)
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pbpamela »

Thank you so much for the details. We are pretty open to things and want to explore local dishes too. Thank you for the ideas😀

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”