Dress Code

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
louise
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Dress Code

Post by louise »

Hi everyone
I am going to be staying in the Crown Point area. When going for dinner in a restaurant, do people tend to dress up a little or is it very casual? I would like to try and blend in and not stick out like a sore thumb so was planning on dressing very casual for the whole holiday.
Thanks
Louise
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Dress Code

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Louise

Welcome aboard! =D>

That's an easy one. The dress code is casual everywhere except the handful of most expensive restaurants in Tobago (none of which are in the Crown Point area), where one would better describe the code as 'smart casual'.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
louise
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by louise »

Awesome thanks. Casual it is. Maybe I'll take one nice outfit then just in case we venture out to one of those handful you mention. 😊
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

Yep, definitely casual. And - if you were here last week - that would be even more casual as the festivities played out.

Smart casual for hotels - Crown Point, Tropikist, Coco Reef and one or two restaurants etc but casual everywhere else. In your locale there are many smaller take away and small dine in places where you just come as you are. folks will often stop off for food on their way back from the beach so you probably get the picture.
CTDA Castara Tourism
Tobago Organisation
Tobago Organisation

Post by CTDA Castara Tourism »

Just cover up when walking in villages, it may be OK to just wear a sarong ( ladies ) in some places but on Tobago please cover up!
Wear a shirt going into a bar! "No shirt ,no service"!

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”