Jan 12th Covid Announcement

Your questions on medical and security issues
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Jan 12th Covid Announcement

Post by PaulMakin »

I've started a new topic for this, mainly as it may be easier to search it for those who may have concerns/questions ahead of travel.

No cancellation or postponement of events (Carnival being just around the corner) but a call for increased personal responsibility and diligence. No indications for restricting travel ("as the global variants are already here"). No transcript publised as yet but this seems to be the gist of it (Source - Trinidad Guardian)

More masking evident today but no legal requirement to do so, Also noticable is the re-emergence of the weekly Covid stats in the press/other media - generally people i speak with are OK with this and although a little jittery about the situation are mostly pragmatic and cautiously optimistic that there will not be any rolling back to the mandatory restrictions.
SueShard
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Dentist?

Post by SueShard »

Good morning
Can anyone recommend a Dentist in Tobago? We know someone who is due to fly out on Friday and has just been prescribed antibiotics for tooth infection and there isn’t time to have treatment beforehand. He may need root canal work.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Sue.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Jan 12th Covid Announcement

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sue

Jill and I would most certainly recommend Dr Steele of Oracare Dental Centre in Wilson Road, Scarborough. He did some emergency work for Jill around 10 years back. Everything about the practise and treatment gave us total confidence and the price - although expensive by local standards - was extremely reasonable by UK standards. In fact, we were so impressed that we felt British dentistry was a very poor second choice.

Cheers
Steve
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

If in the Crown Point area i can recommend Phoenix Dental upstairs in Milford Plaza, located junction of the Milford Rd and Pigeon Point Road 737-3368. The senior partner is a trainer at UWI and it shows.

There is a pharmacy downstairs should prescribing still be required.

I hate dentistry and have a troublesome relationship with my mouth but have no qualms about visiting them. Just embarking on what for me is a quite intensive set of work and, as Steve says, prices are very reasonable indeed compared to UK - i'll be paying less than an equivalent treatment plan would cost me even on NHS bu,t (and this is the main thing), appointments are easy to come by down here.
SueShard
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by SueShard »

Hi Steve and Paul
Thank you so much for your replies. That’s very reassuring information.
I thought I’d changed the title from Covid to Dentistry sorry I’m not very tech savvy!

Very best regards to you both
Sue.

Return to “Health & Security”