"Best" Eco Resort of the Year

55-room luxury boutique hotel in Bacolet (listing)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

"Best" Eco Resort of the Year

Post by Steve Wooler »

I'm delighted to tell readers that the Blue Haven Hotel has won the "Best" Eco Resort of the Year award in the 10th Annual Caribbean World Travel Awards. May I extend my congratulations to Owner/General Manager Karl Pilstl and to all his staff. Karl is no doubt in London today in order to collect his award from a reception at the Four Seasons Hotel in Park Lane this evening.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Charles Scott

Post by Charles Scott »

The Blue Haven is surely a very good hotel but how does it qualify as an "Eco Resort"?
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Charles

I imagine that it was to do with all the energy-saving and recycling methods that Karl Pilstl majored on when renovating the hotel.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Charles Scott

Post by Charles Scott »

Ahh! I assumed an "Eco-Resort" would be set in the forest, surrounded by nature trails etc

Something like Cuffie River Nature Retreat.
Darius Orsar

Who gives out this award exactly

Post by Darius Orsar »

Enjoying your site so far..though it seems like an awful lot of work for a non-profit exercise.

I am getting a wee bit tired of seeing so many hotels in the Caribbean saying that they have won the best "eco fill in the blank" award.

I am still trying to figure out the Green Globe thing and I am now seeing the enigmatic "Cariibbean World Travel Award" Eco award. Who gives out that award and what is their expertise in ecology or the environment? I am not begrudging Blue Haven ( an excellent hotel that I personally adore ) the award but I cannot even find a proper web site for the magazine ( ...www.caribbeanworld.demon.co.uk seems to be it ...but it isn't much) to find out what criteria they use.

After learning what a scam the Wine Spectator Award is [broken link removed. Editor] I am a bit hesitant to believe every award I see.

I am hoping that someone who knows more about this can advise me..because I appreciate then need to choose hotels that are environmentally sensitive.

Return to “Blue Haven Hotel”