Severe Weather Feedback - 12/13 Nov 2004

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Cornelia Montgomery

Post by Cornelia Montgomery »

Is that an off-color joke? If so, please explain for the benefit of the few Am ericans on board. Thank you.
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Long running movie genre, now deemed old hat, nay politically incorrect in some circles.

Bawdy postcard humour VERY British (ike a funnier version of "Are you being served") reliant completely on sexual innuendo and pun.

More here...

http://www.carryonline.com/
Sue-S

Weather

Post by Sue-S »

I think i shall look like someone from a carry on film with my wellies and umbrella wandering around Tobago, one week to go, WHERE IS THE SUN PAUL, CAN YOU HEAR ME 8) 8)
Susanne Jones

yes where is the sun can you here me tobago

Post by Susanne Jones »

:shock:
One week to go! I am playing on rest and rest and more rest!
and have resigned myself to rain - I knew we should have gone to barbados!
Susanne J
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Susanne ... Barbados has had plenty of rain too.

The best place for sun in the Caribbean in November has been Jamaica.

Sue ... Tobago has not had it that bad ... most days have been sunny and most of the rain has fallen at night.

I can't speak for today though ... it has been heavy rain for the last 4 - 5 hours and continuing for a while.

The trough producing all this rain is edging further south ... I am expecting it to clear up by the weekend.
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Sue-S

Weather.

Post by Sue-S »

Thank you Paul, my panic is subsiding yet again when i hear your weather forecasts, carry on the great work.
Susanne, hope you are as excited as i am, got the suitcases out today, yipee !!! :lol:
Susanne Jones

Post by Susanne Jones »

I am not very excited no! its the prospect of rain!! ! and I dont like long flights either :(
I did however buy a beautiful dress from warehouse especially for this holiday it wont look the same with wellies! where are you staying come to
bonkers restaurant I am hoping the bar area will be dry....and it will be a good excuse to try a few cocktails that I have read about there..
I dont know whether or not to look at the weather forcast for next week
or not???
Sue-S

Weather

Post by Sue-S »

Hey Susanne you will i am sure have a wonderful holiday, and i am sure the sun will shine on us all at sometime. The flight wont be too bad, plenty of books, and chill out time.
We are staying at the Coco Reef Hotel, but plan to visit other restaurants as we are only bed/breakfast. I am sure we will visit Bonkers at some time, and try one or two of the cocktails, be happy and have a great time, Sue. :D :D
Kevin Hampson
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Kevin Hampson »

Hi Sue & Susanne.

If your after cocktails I'd suggest the Kariwak and Pelican Reef both are inside if it's raining.

Regards
Kevin
Sue-S

Weather

Post by Sue-S »

Thanks Kevin, sounds good to me. You might know if gin is reasonably priced in Tobago, thats my tipple. :lol:
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Rain isn't the worst thing that could happen, but I really hope I'm not flying that far to sit indoors with a book...

:-o
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Ok worriers ... here is the latest.

The northern edge of the trough is over Tobago and it seems to be swinging away out into the Atlantic ... so the rain is going away ... full details to be seen in Saturday's LIQUID SUNSHINE weekly update ... I will do it early (maybe Friday midnight) so everyone can see the latest before the Saturday flights.

Susanne ... a special mention to you in the update ... I have this surreal vision of you in your new dress and wellies in the ... erm ... Bonkers Bar :shock: ... need I say more ???

Marc ... I thought you were going to just jump in the sea and now ... you are thinking of sitting in a room with a book ... :wink: what a 'Carry On' !!

Sue-S ... you would have been a worthy fellow passenger on the sinking Titanic ... 8) bless you.

Have fun packing ... and don't forget the sunglasses !!!

Cheers

Paul
Paul Tallet
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Ere, stop messing about!

Yeah, I forgot. The sea.

*splosh!*
Sue-S

Weather

Post by Sue-S »

Always look on the bright side of Tobago i say Paul, loving your weather reports. :lol: :lol:
Susanne Jones

Post by Susanne Jones »

I can see some sun forcast for next week hurray! I dont go till Thursday tho
shant pack any wellies! just flipflops dress and lots of sun cream
mossie repellent etc!
Marco

Post by Marco »

Well I've seen the forecast and all I can say is YEEOUKKKKK!!

Still - it's gotta be better than the UK!!!
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Oh,I don't think it's that bad Marco.David
Neil Roberts
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Neil Roberts »

We went to Tobago for the first time last July and I spent the few weeks beforehand watching the weather forecasts with increasing gloom. All there seemed to be was thunderstorms and cloud. The weather we actually experienced was nothing like we were braced for. Yes, we had some showers, but not every day: we also had some wonderful sunny weather as well. When I returned home and again looked at the weather reports to see what they had recorded during our stay, I did not recognise the descriptions. You would have thought that we had had rain all the time. As I think Steve said in a reply, the vast majority of the showers fall at the end of the afternoon and into the evening and are thus of little inconvenience. This of course was all pre-Tallet, the weather is now much improved, or so I'm led to believe! Anyway, the upshot of all this is that we are going back next July to get some more weather. Best wishes to all, Neil.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi and thank you Neil for the kind words.

To be honest, I would say that the weather has got worse since I have been forecasting ... particularly during November which was very unpredictable ... but I still have a full head of hair.

Susanne, you will have more room for bikinis if you leave the wellies behind !!

So, swiftly getting to the point ... I have just posted an early weekly forecast on LIQUID SUNSHINE ... go see it ... IF YOU DARE !!!!

Regards
Paul Tallet
Sue-S

Weather liquid sunshine

Post by Sue-S »

Paul, what can i say, that was scary mail to read, i wondered where it was leading to, but it was far far better than expected. The wellies have gone back in the cupboard, and the flip flops have found their way into the case, no doubt Susanne is jumping for joy, and the warehouse frock is being twirled as i write this, happy holidays everyone,

Sue :D :lol:

Return to “Weather”