Undesirable Individual

Your questions on medical and security issues
Ron
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Undesirable Individual

Post by Ron »

Have visited Tobago on and off for quite a few years and although generally I have a trouble free stay on the island I would just like to draw attention to one unsavory individual who does hang around the little beach on the corner as you walk down towards Pigeon Point (on the park bench next to Bago's Beach Bar). He goes by several different names - Michael or Ron (although locals tell me he's called Allergy - it seems to change every time I visit the island!). In the past he's approached me offering me drugs (starting with cannabis and progressing to cocaine) and tried to rent me a wreck of an uninsured car for double the standard rate. I have also heard from others that he has taken them on island tours, which are conducted in the same uninsured wreck whilst he is smoking a "herbal cigarette". A pest more than a danger I would remind everyone that there are reasons why you do not do business with people who's office is a park bench when at home, and these reasons apply wherever you go travelling. Go with a certified tour operator.
Will continue to return to Tobago and enjoy this beautiful island
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: Undesirable Individual

Post by Pupuce »

Ah, Michael! :lol: yeah, avoid him like the plague! He has a tight seashell necklace and he's so stoned that his eyeballs have turned brown.

Return to “Health & Security”