Car insurance

Transport-related questions and comment
Nick Bointon
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Car insurance

Post by Nick Bointon »

Due out again in June for a couple of weeks and am having trouble getting answers about car insurance. I have hurt my leg and would like my son who is joining us to be able to drive our hire car. He is 23 with a full Uk licence and full no claims. We have been told that it is not possible. Ideas or advice appreciated.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Car insurance

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Nick

I assume the issue is your son's age? I know most of the rental services won't rent to drivers under 25, that is true. However, under the circumstances it might be possible to get a waiver. You would need to speak to the individual rental agencies to find one that might help. My suggestion would be to start with Sheppy's ([email protected]) as they are more flexible and reliable than most and if anyone is likely to help, it will be them.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Car insurance

Post by Andy K »

It all depends on the individual insurance policy for the vehicle. Things are changing.
In the policy of my company car i had the same 25 years t'ing before but i just checked,
it is no longer there.
Check with your preferred rental company and have them check their latest insurance policies.

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”