Two Hotels near Piarco airport

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Two Hotels near Piarco airport

Post by Rick Hernandez »

I called Airport Suites Hotel & Piarco International Hotel and neither asked me for a credit card number to reserve a room . Does anyone know these places? And is this standard practice in Trinidad ? Any help would be great. So I can decide which one or look somewhere else . Rick - ps just staying overnight .
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Two Hotels near Piarco airport

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Rick

Although I have no personal experience of it, the Airport Suites Hotel at Piarco seems a reasonable choice. TripAdvisor reports are encouraging following their recent restoration.

The Piarco International is another story. I last stayed there in 1959 and 1961 - but only because there was no choice. It was a disgusting dump then and the last time I passed it, I got the impression that no maintenance had been done since our stay. Again, TripAdvisor reports bear this out - so avoid at all costs. :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hi Steve I saw the trip advisor report this morning. I believe it' s Airport Suites . Thanks for your reply Rick
Nicole
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Nicole »

Dear Rick,

as I will go to Trinidad next year I did a lot of recherche about hotels. I decided to stay at Picaro Village Suites, which you may also consider.
It's website: http://www.piarcovillagesuites.webs.com/
Tripadvisor knows a lot about it (30 of 36 excellent, 6 of 36 ery good): http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review- ... obago.html

If you stay there, please leave me a comment, if I should keep this booking ;-)

Nicole
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hi Nicole - Thanks for the info on Piarco Village Suits. I'm going on Dec. 27th. & am getting in late & leaving early the next day.So I'm going to try Airport Suites Hotel [my eyes will be shut most of the time].I'll report on it when I get back. Rick

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”