Boat Needed to Pirates Bay

What to see, what to do, where to go
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Boat Needed to Pirates Bay

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Gang-
Does anyone know of a reliable fisherman/boatman who could take us (my husband & I) snorkeling to Pirate's Bay & who would hang around while we're in the water. We want to first snorkel the far side of the bay for about 45 minutes and then go to the nearside, closest to Charlottsville where we might see some turtles, maybe for about 1/2 hour. It would be great if the guy had a ladder, as I have one gimpy shoulder & don't want to be hauled bodily into the boat. Also, what would be a reasonable amount to pay him? We haven't done this since 2007 & we gave the guy 125TT's. Any information would be helpful

Thanks,
Joanne Green
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: Boat Needed to Pirates Bay

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hey Joanne ... how you doing.

You should be asking Ancle this question ... I won't reveal the answer here because there is a special person who can take you to all of those special places around Charlottesville ... he prefers fishing and he will only do a trip for those recommended to him, so I will respect his wishes and not reveal his name.

So ... just ask Ancle and he will sort the trip for you at a good price. Ancle may even go with you ... he loved it the last time we went.

When you going out? I am getting the KBC (Kings Bay Cafe) gang together again while I am there ... probably around 9/10th January ... give or take a day or 2.

Whatever ... say Hi to Dick for me.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Paul,
We're not going until Feb. 4 & arriving in Tobago on the 6th. We're going to spend an extra day with our friend Leo on Trinidad & going to Caroni Swamp. Sorry we'll be missing you. Dick says "HI".
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

By the way, we are looking for a local fisherman from C'ville to take us over. Last time, we hooked up with Dexter, who was very good. Don't know if he's still around or not. If we decide to go from Castara, we'll let Ancle set it up.

Joanne
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Great ... you blown his cover ... Dexter is fantastic and Ancle will definitely sort it out for you.

Sorry we will miss you.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Joanne, Call me when you get in and I will let you know if Dexter is still around. My wife and I always go out with Curtis at WorkShop Sea Tours. He has a trip that goes out to Giles for snorkeling and bird watching. He gets hundreds of birds to come right down to the boat, then comes back in to Pirates Bay, lets you off and you can snorkel drift out to the point while he drifts along side out of the way. You can Snorkel as long as you want. He then takes you over to Booby Island to snorkel between there and Lovers Bay. Going out to Giles he puts a rod out to fish and sometimes you get to reel in a fish. His boat is big, has 2 engines, is covered and has a good ladder. He has radios, life vests, and GPS. He has been charging $35 US per person. He goes out weather permitting. I get in on Dec. 29 and stay until April in Charlottesville. Call me 310-9411 and I will let you know what is going on in Charlottesville. Phil
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hello - Phil - could you tell me where WorkShop Sea Tours is located. I'm going to be in Castara on the 28th of Dec. on & would like to go out with them.Thanks Rick Hernandez
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Rick

Have a look at our map (Tobago > Maps & Regions of Tobago > Satellite) and scroll up to Man O War Bay. Zoom in and you'll see the green icon for Workshop Sea Tours pretty much as the road meets the sea frontage. Better still, if you are a Google Earth user (highly, highly recommended), just click on the link www.myTobago.info/maps/mytobago.kmz
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Thanks Paul, Phil & Steve for all the info.

Joanne
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Rick ... you may want to join us when we go.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Rick, Steve is right WorkShop is where the road meets the sea which is across from Sharon and Phebes in Charlottesville. I think WorkShop is on the new SkyViews map which should have his phone number. Where are you staying in Castara? Phil
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hi Paul - thanks for the invite I'd like that , also thanks to everyone for the info . I'll be staying at Blue Mango from Dec. 27 - Jan. 14 . I'll be the big guy gray hair sort of med. long beard. Thanks again Rick
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Ah ... the Blue Mango is really nice ... lots of little huts on the hill, open to the elements and nice views.

I am down the hill from you Rick ... look forward to seeing you.

Regards
Paul Tallet

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”