Driving in Tobago

Transport-related questions and comment
Lennie
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Driving in Tobago

Post by Lennie »

Okay,
Just am curious, not even sure if we would rent a car if we could...But, I've read a couple of threads here that say that folks have rented and driven a car with a US driver's license...We will be there for 7 days. I thought that you needed an international DL to rent/drive a car there.

Also everyone speaks highly of Sheppy's. Do they just rent cars or do they do Taxi service as well. We are going to a wedding at the Bacolet Beach Club but are staying in a Guest house in Buccoo. So we will be taking a taxi late at night and would like to be sure we have a good safe ride home.

Many Thanks,

Lennie
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Driving in Tobago

Post by Steve Wooler »

As far as I'm aware, your national licence will be all that you need to rent a car on Tobago.

Sheppy's is a rental agency only; they don't offer taxi services. Have a word with the owner of your guesthouse in Buccoo - any/every reputable guest house or visitor accommodation unit will have contact details for a taxi driver that they can recommend. The taxis here are all self-employed - there are no large taxi services, as such.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Driving in Tobago

Post by Robert T »

KCNN will definitely accept your US license..

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”