L'Anse Fourmi Beach Trail

What to see, what to do, where to go
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

L'Anse Fourmi Beach Trail

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hi everyone -Does anyone have good directions to the start of the trail or better yet a picture. Also how difficult is it as I,m not as fit as I once was. Any info would be great . Regards Rick
GervaisAlkins
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: L'Anse Fourmi Beach Trail

Post by GervaisAlkins »

Hi Rick,
I don't have a picture of the start of the trail but I can give you directions. It's been three years since I've hiked that trail though so the 'marker' for the trailhead might not be there again.
If you're heading north an you reach the village of L'Anse Fourmi you'd already past Bloody Bay and done the ascent on the road to the village. When you reach it the road descends, half way down there is a stand pipe on the left side of the road and the trail starts there. It is clear and passes two homes. Then it descends in an extremely steep manner.
It is a very very steep trail. I'd say it goes from 900 feet to sea level in about a mile or less and it barely has a 'flat' spot on the trail. Despite there being excellent tree coverage and shady it is a real arduous workout for the unfit. There is another way to get down further along in the village but the trail was badly overgrown.
I'd gladly recommend another trail in the area like the Cambleton trail in Charlottleville or the trail to Erasmus Cove aka Dead Bay in Bloody since they're less difficult. I used to do hiking tours in Tobago and the L' Anse Fourmi trail was reserved only for the fit. That said L'Anse Fourmi beach is beautiful, small, remote and feels like you're the only person whose ever been there! Hope this helps.
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: L'Anse Fourmi Beach Trail

Post by Rick Hernandez »

thanks for the information Gervais . It sounds a little tough for me but i'll take a look in may when i'm there. thanks again Rick

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”