Sunday School in Bucco

What to see, what to do, where to go
Lori McDonald
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Sunday School in Bucco

Post by Lori McDonald »

Hello there,
Wondering if anyone can answer a question for me?
Is there a fee for going to Sunday School?
I understand that we will need to have a driver take us but is there a cost besides?

Lori
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Sunday School in Bucco

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Lori

Welcome aboard. :)

No, there is no 'admission' price to most of Sunday School, as such. Yes, you would be strongly advised to get a driver to take you there and, ideally, stay with you and show you the ropes, or at least to ensure that he is available to collect you at a specific time.

To be honest, it is many years since I last went to Sunday School and even then I tended to go during the early evening (i.e. before midnight) mainly to hear the steel pan. There was no cost to this. However, I'm not sure what the latest position is - it has changed beyond recognition since they built the new stadium complex and ruined the character of the village. Hopefully somebody else will advise us both.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Lori McDonald
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by Lori McDonald »

Well Steve,
I guess I will report to you after I am back home again.
I leave in just a few hours and I am so excited to be back in Castara.
Take Care,
Lori
Jazz557
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jazz557 »

I was on the island for 10 days earlier this month.

The early part of the Sunday (before 11:00pm) remains the same ... lots of local food and as usual, the local steel band sounded great. They played Hotel California - one of my faves ...

I left shortly before 11:00pm - before the start of the second half of the Sunday school. This has changed over the years into a very energetic (and loud) street party, often going on this dawn. Lots of soca, dancehall, reggae and chutney music, alcohol and dancing girls ...

Yup ... the advice previously mentioned holds.

The first part of the Sunday school is definitely worth checking out. If you’re adventurous (and have a driver waiting just in case you need to leave immediately) then stay on a bit for the street party ... you may love the energy!

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”