Stag in the UK

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Paul Makin
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Stag in the UK

Post by Paul Makin »

just finished a late clinic in slough (yeah, i know but it funds the trips, only 20 more sleeps) and stopped by the big tesco on the a4 to pick up supper. did the usual browse in the "world food" section and there it was.

uk distributor = Wanis Ltd, Golden Business Park, Orient Way, Leyton, E10 7FE

happy days

paul
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Stag in the UK

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Paul

Useful to know, but I wonder if it will taste the same over here? I don't just mean any effect the shipping might have had on the brew, but whether the different climate and vibe over hear would take away the magic of that first sip/gulp of a beastly cold bottle of Stag on a hot afternoon.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

My local Tesco's been stocking Carib for years..Always wondered if Stag would turn up one day.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Carib has also been available in Asda World Foods for years.

They also stock that rather interestingly named Cock Soup so there is no longer any point bringing it home to share with your work mates for a laugh.

If you check the labels of what you buy in Penny Savers, especially tinned food, count how many of them come from Hull, England. But most of them are not available to buy in the UK. Not much point bringing it home either because no one will believe you bought it in Tobago.

Could do another thread on this, such as ... what can you buy legally in Tobago which is illegal in the UK, US or anywhere else?

That should get everyone thinking :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Paul Makin
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Paul Makin »

i am pleased to be able to confirm that the taste is every bit as good, seems to travel well !

they seem to be selling the more of carib range more often now as well - sorrell, ginger etc.

and yes, the soup is available - my how we laughed

paul
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

JUst checked my local tesco for a pack of Stag today, no sings of them yet...pretty disappointed to say the least...
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

The taste and the memories of Stag and Carib should stay just that , memories, to be revived the next time you are watching the sunset from Cascreole or the Boathouse ( Castara of course!) !
When I get home I will watch as the barman in the Queen's Head in Weybridge slowly pours my London Pride or St Austell's Tribute and savour the moment as I will when we return here to Castara in January when after the flight I stop by Marvin's for a " beastly cold Stag" .

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”