Where to buy rolling tobacco?

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Lucky Jim
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Where to buy rolling tobacco?

Post by Lucky Jim »

Hi - firstly thanks Admin for activating account so quickly.

Bit of a niche question but is there anywhere in Tobago I can buy rolling tobacco? Here for a week and (foolishly?) assumed I could buy tobacco for rolling cigarettes, but can't find any shop that sells it. Tried penny savers and various mini-marts around the crown point area, no luck.

Anyone who can advise would be a hero as I can't smoke prerolled cigarettes and nicotine withdrawal is setting in!

Thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Where to buy rolling tobacco?

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Jim

Welcome aboard! :)

We've had this question in the past and as nobody has corrected my answer, I am assuming it remains the same. Rolling tobacco is not available in T&T. With the low cost of cigarettes, I guess there just hasn't been the demand. I've seen cigarettes being sold individually in local stores, but have never see rolling Tobago or similar.

Having said that, I assume that cigarette paper must be available. After all, there's plenty of wacky baccy about, so what do they use. Hopefully somebody can enlighten us both. :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Reach out to someone coming down on Condor, Thomas Cook etc? The local cigars are fresh and good . Papers and cigarettes are available singly .
Beware of any thing other than tobacco as the local product can be stronger than you may be accustomed to ( I.e. just for "sipping") it is also very illegal and you could end up going home sooner than you thought !!
Try the cigars or this could be the time to quit ??
Lucky Jim
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by Lucky Jim »

Thanks Steve and Chris both.

For anyone else looking for the answer to this, Steve is correct as far as I can tell. I went to the tobacconist / cigar shop at the mall today and they had no rolling tobacco.

Chris thanks for the advice - on this question it's a genuine look for tobacco due to filthy smoking habit rather than herbal therapy. ☺

Nevermind let's make do!

Enjoying short trip here, staying in Castara which is as lovely as everyone says it is.

All the best

Jim
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Were you at the Boathouse tonight? A lot of dancing, a lot of music and a lot of people having a good time.....! If you were not here then why not ? Go by Cascreole tomorrow night and watch the bonfires being light/not being light but a lime on the beach with a bamboo bonfire. It is what you came here for !
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Disgusting habit :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “General Questions & Comment”