Makara?

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Makara?

Post by Carol G »

Hi All,
We made a brief stop in Buccoo the other day & I noticed again the restaurant (think it is called Makara) in the new Buccoo facility across from La Tartaruga. I don't remember anyone mentioning it in the forum...has any one been?
Cheers, Carol
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Makara?

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Carol

News to me. The previous restaurant in that location only lasted a few months and I would suggest that if a new restaurant has opened in those premises, but nobody has mentioned it here in the forum or in direct letters to me, that it is possibly not going to be a 'stayer'. I'll make enquiries. I'm here on Tobago at the moment, but time is against me and I'm unlikely to be able to make it over to Buccoo before we fly home next Tuesday. :(
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Steve.
Thanks for the info. Sigh, we too are leaving on Tues; returning to the land of still winter!
Cheers, Carol
Jannie
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Jannie »

Hi - Makara was open when we visited last April/May and was still operating this March. When we went there this year on the off-chance of a table they were preparing for a wedding reception that was to take place there the following day so were technically closed. Very accommodating though and offered us a table but with a reduced menu. As there weren't any other diners we declined and said we'd try again another time. Very nice food and good service, lovely views across Bucco Bay and nice and airy. The chef (I think he's Scottish?) came out and talked through the menu with us. We enjoyed our meal last year and would definitely try again (we ran out of time this year). It's located by the harbour next to the Tourist Information Centre and the Goat Race Stadium.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Jannie

Thanks for that. I've managed to track down some information so have added this restaurant to our listings. How about starting them off with a vote, seeing as you have used them? You will find the listing at http://www.mytobago.info/restaurants02.php - just click on the RSR icon to add your own vote. Thanks! :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Jannie
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Jannie »

:D Just completed my voting while sitting through a very boring teleconference!! Ho hum, very pleasant way of spending the time and remembering the more pleasant times in the sun! 8) Roll on March 2018! :D

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”