Marina at Canoe Bay ?

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Marina at Canoe Bay ?

Post by PaulMakin »

more "wishful thinking" maybe but the Guardian reports that the govt have decided to go ahead with plans for a marina, reportedly through a private finance initiative. the winning bidder for the tender are a dutch company with good credentials - palm island in dubai etc.

still, i guess those arriving by sea would be able to avail themselves of immigration facilities in the proposed airport terminal building just next door ? :idea:

no timeframes, no discussion around the ecological impact (i'm biased - i guess cove and cove crack would disappear from the dive map) no word on costings or ownership/finance arrangements etc

paul
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Marina at Canoe Bay ?

Post by Robert T »

Another great fishing spot to be destroyed, excellent news.....
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Hi, correct me if I am wrong, but is not Canoe Bay quite shallow?
Or is at part of the bay and not exacyly the Canoe Bay?
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

it is indeed Ronald, the successful bidders have quite a healthy portfolio when it comes to dredging though !!

now, cove reef almost certainly has the depth on the seaward side but it rises quite suddenly as you approach the swim over onto cove crack. dredging would create the depth but cove crack/cove ledges are not sand/reef - it's bedrock out there and not more than 40-60ft.

not been able to find any details of where this might be sited yet - another watch and wait i think

paul

Return to “General Questions & Comment”