Sunwing (TORONTO)

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Sunwing (TORONTO)

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

I see SUNWING has started flying all inclusive chartered packages from Toronto to Tobago DIRECT (no need for air-bridge), with accomodations at Starfish (Mt. Irvine) Resort.

Very inexpensive (CAN$1000 for flights + weeks stay) by Canadian Air-Travel and currency valuation standards.

https://www.sunwing.ca/en/destinations/tobago

I will be sticking with 'fend for yourself' rental houses and Air Caribbean for now, but it is nice to have options.
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Sunwing (TORONTO)

Post by PaulMakin »

so far the flight appears to be utilised quite well - it is currently a bus in and bus out deal but sunwing offer other hotels on Tobago and the current reporting is that they are seeking to update starfish more than they already did. I believe that they have bought, rather than rented, the facility but stand to be corrected. I was told that passengers can buy flight only but these seats are limited due to the nature of the sunwing business and the charter flight.

it has also been reported that they *may* consider acquiring or taking over the running of another similar facility should a suitable property/deal be available

paul
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Re: Sunwing (TORONTO)

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

I'm flying Air Caribbean (as per usual) in February.
But next time I consider going down to the island, I will be checking out for 'extra spots' ont he SUNWING flight, it would cut about 2 hours off our journey by not having to wait in the Port Of Spain Airport for the Air Bridge.

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”