tour guide recommendations

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Zenitcey
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

tour guide recommendations

Post by Zenitcey »

We will be in Tobago this September arriving on the Pacific Princess and would like to take an island tour. Can anyone recommend a tour guide? I came up with three when I googled: Tobago Now Tourism, Alibaba Tours and Yes Tourism. Has anyone had any experience with any of these?
essener
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Re: tour guide recommendations

Post by essener »

Alibaba not only rents out great apartments in the most beautiful bay of Tobago in Castara, it also organizes perfect island tours, boat tours and rainforest tours.
https://www.alibaba-tours.com/index.htm
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Zenitcey

Welcome aboard! :D

Essener is perfectly right in what he says. Yes Tourism are a good reliable source. I'm not sure whether Fab Ceppi is still offering tours (Tobago Now) as I think he has his hands full with his excellent and popular Pasta Gallery restaurant in Crown Point.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hello Zenitcey

Brian Taylor and his wife, Steph, run Alibaba Tours based in Castara … they have a website you can google. Highly recommended. I trust Brian and he is Eco-friendly.

Yes Tourism can do literally anything, you could call them an agent because they normally select a reputable guide to do what you like, so you can be confident you will get the best service available.

One very good guide is Zolani Frank who used to run Franks out of the Blue Waters Inn in Speyside. He is kind of working on his own because the unpredictable management at the Blue Waters Inn have been making his life hard recently. I have known him for over 8 years and seen him every year I but I have only gone on a few trips with him. The reason is because he will step back and refer you to another guide should he believe they can provide a better service on any specifics you need. Always honest. Zolani also runs a few eco-projects.

Zolani is another man that you can trust. Go check out his facebook page.

Don't know Tobago Now … ?

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
MauriceNas
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by MauriceNas »

Frank Zolani seems like a stand up guy. Looking forward to booking a trip with him.

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”