Xmas and New Year Eve Dinner/ Celebrations

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
JEnoch
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Xmas and New Year Eve Dinner/ Celebrations

Post by JEnoch »

Hi

I and my daughter will be in Tobago, based in Speyside, mid December to Scuba Dive for 7 days. However my wife and son join us on the 23rd of December. When they arrive we will be staying in different accommodation about 10 mins away from either Scarborough or Buccoo.

Could anyone advisee please on places we may book for Xmas and New Year Eve Dinner.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Xmas and New Year Eve Dinner/ Celebrations

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi

Welcome aboard! :D

I've never been in Tobago over Christmas/New Year, so confess that I can't speak from experience. However, I think that most of the decent restaurants (independent or hotel-based) should be open, but clearly booking early will be essential. My best advice would be to go through our Restaurant listings to determine those establishments that seem to fit your preferences and location suitability, then contact the restaurant.

Good luck - I hope that you find somewhere suitable.

Cheers
Steve
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Hi,
Some restaurants will be open and also some at hotels, I would choose Coco Reef or Kariwak if you want a very good evening.
Coco Reef is a big resort and Kariwak is well known very good hotel, both are in the Crown Point area.
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

one year i ended up having the old year's buffet at Hilton/Magdalena - long story, quite boring. was really not too bad at all but can't comment on current standards/prices. handy for scarborough and buccoo (if you cut through carnbee to the highway).

paul
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

All the resorts (with tourists in them) will be catering on Christmas Day and New Years Day.

It may be necessary to book in advance because areas with no resorts (such as Castara) may have nothing and it is a day for the kill in the resorts, if only they knew it.

However, I recall a funny moment from last year when some tourists arrived in Castara on Christmas Day and were wailing and moaning that there was nowhere to go eat. After a few phone calls here and there a few local establishments got their pots out and rumours spread throughout the village that there was Lunch here, Dinner there.

I was thinking, what are these people doing arriving here on Christmas Day without any contingency plans?!? ... it goes to show that if you complain the loudest then someone will surely accommodate you for a fair, but wholesome, price. :mrgreen:

Where did I go? ... I went to Waves on Grafton Beach, associated with the hotel (I think) and watched spectacular displays of Tuna racing across the breaking surf while I inserted a very large burger into my face, washed down with a (bit too sweet) Rum Punch.

Has anyone got any ideas of the best 'off-piste' places to go eat on Christmas Day in Tobago? … I would be very interested.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

All I can add is that Kariwak gets my vote for best rum punch - not too sweet. They serve some of the healthiest food too. Worth a try for Xmas.

8)
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Was that on Christmas Day Hugh? 8-[

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

No Paul, I have not eaten there at Christmas but we had a couple of delicious meals in May. Worth a a call or an email to learn their plans for the holidays.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”