Help! No flights or Ferries on Jan. 2nd

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
fac_hanks
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Help! No flights or Ferries on Jan. 2nd

Post by fac_hanks »

Hi,
My family of 4 will be visiting Tobago 12/27-1/2. Our flight from POS back to the US departs on 1/3 at 03:45am so our plan was to leave Tobago on 1/2. However, I am now in panic mode because I can't find flight or ferry tickets on January 2nd. There is a flight that departs Tobago on 1/3 at 01:50 am and is scheduled to arrive in POS at 02:15am. But that only leaves us 1 1/2 hours connection to make our 03:45am flight out of POS.
-Is that enough time?
-If we go ahead and purchase those tickets and then go to TAB on 1/2 what are the chances that the 4 of us will be able to fly standby from TAB to POS? If this seems like an option, how early on 1/2 should we arrive?
-Are there any other options at all to get from TAB to POS?
-When trying to book the ferry from Tobago to Trinidad the website says there are no online tickets available to purchase on 1/2. Are there typically tickets available from travel agencies that are not offered online? How would I go about finding this out from the US? Or do I have to wait until I am in Tobago and take our chances?

Again, I am in panic mode so I really appreciate anyone's response and advice.
Thank you kindly in advance,
Brooke
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Help! No flights or Ferries on Jan. 2nd

Post by Hugh S »

I would go ahead and grab the air tickets for early am on the 3rd and keep checking availability daily online for an earlier flight. If that doesn't work try to reschedule them beginning when you first arrive in POS. Keep trying while in Tobago if necessary. They don't usually charge for changing but it is now hit or miss.
Good luck 8)

PS. What airline leaves at POS 3:45 am?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Help! No flights or Ferries on Jan. 2nd

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Brooke

Welcome aboard! :D

Hugh is spot on. It's a difficult situation and frankly travel is always a nightmare pretty much everywhere over the Christmas/New Year Period. Grab those tickets and hope for the best.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”