Beaches to reopen on the 20th December 2021, 0500-1200.

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
CTDA Castara Tourism
Tobago Organisation
Tobago Organisation

Beaches to reopen on the 20th December 2021, 0500-1200.

Post by CTDA Castara Tourism »

At 2.30 local time today the 18th December 2021, the Prime Minister Rowley announced that the beaches will reopen on Monday the 20th from 0500 to 12noon.
No consumption of alcohol or loud music ! It is a start ! We are booked to return on the 10th of January 2022 on BA.
I expect it to be rather full, understatement!
GillianM
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Beaches to reopen on the 20th December 2021, 0500-1200.

Post by GillianM »

I heard that you have wear a mask on the beach? Is this correct? Seems laughable to me...
How much confidence do you have in that BA flight going to Tobago? No BA/ Virgin flights currently operating to Tobago.
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

I'd be very surprised if that plane took off as now there are talks of a possible lock down after the 28th of December. And with that a travel ban will be in place yet again. Wearing a mask on a beach while on holiday is a big no no for me. More than laughable. That's not a holiday I'd go on for sure. And I guess it's just a matter of time before TnT closes its borders again
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

Mask wearing in public outside by most Tobagoans is always. Even in a car or while bicycling. Definitely in all shops. Not while in the water though! Some wear masks while on the sand away from the water, but there are so few people on the beaches, that it really is not necessary.

Basics Tobagoans take COVID-19 restrictions seriously.

There are basically no tourists (unless you count mainland Trinidadian over for the weekned) on the island.

I saw a Canadian couple in their 70s (who practically live on the island, this was their 32nd (!) trip, and a German couple in their 50s. A few people in their 20s from Brazil, and that’s been it after 9 days going everywhere from Scarborough to Charlotteville to Mt. Irvine to Crownpoint.

Only a Trinidad family in Speyside at the Blue Waters. Not a single guest at Cuffie River. (Regina and her staff cooked up one of their World class meals for our party of 8, with plenty of time to chit chat.)

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”