Approved Vaccines

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Approved Vaccines

Post by Carol G »

Hi All.
Still not clear on status of people with mixed vaccines for entry into T&T. I remember somewhere on one of the forum discussions (can't seem to find) that people with mixed vaccines were not considered vaxxed. Has that changed? When we received our second shot in Canada...no choice only Moderna offered not a second shot of Pfzier.
Trying to get a booster of Pfzier...will that make any difference?
Thanks for any info.
Cheers, Carol
Bob White
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Re: Approved Vaccines

Post by Bob White »

We travelled out earlier this month from the U.K. and 4 of our group of 7 had mixed vaccines…. Oxford-AstraZeneca on first dose and Pfizer on second jab. As long as the vaccines are on the approved WHO list and are double jabbed (fully vaccinated) then good to go. So far T&T are not asking for proof of a third booster dose. Moderna is on the approved list. Hope this helps.
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Bob,
thanks for the info...first time I have some actual facts from someone who has been in Tobago recently.
Again Thank you
Bob White
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Bob White »

Hi Carol. Glad I could help. As Steve would confirm we are regular visitors to the Island so always happy to update following each visit when possible. Regards, Bob.
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

We had no troubles with AZ vaccined folks and AZ/Pfizer mix. It's all outlined in the T&T Government website, which follows with W.H.O. guidelines. We arrived in Tobago on Dec. 17, and we are leaving shortly. It was a smooth (if paperwork-heavy) process to get onto the island. But it all went well.
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Kurt,
thanks for more info on your trip. We are very envious. Hoping to get down in the new year...after getting booster. Too many unvaxxed people (including some friends) hoping they will change their minds. Not too surprised...some beaches policed and others not.
Hope you have your winter gear ready for return...snowing and cold...sorry couldn't help saying!!
Cheers, Carol
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

We are now home in Toronto. It was a lovely 17 days on the island. We covered a lot of ground. COVID-19 was not an issue except for the CAN$800 Covid-19 PCR expense to get down to Trinidad, and the CAN$1000 PCR test to get home. Takes a bit out of the vacation budget to tack on nearly 2 Grand for our family.

But in these times, it was very much worth it to return to the lovely TOBAGO.

(Pictures are on my @onemantobagoarmy Instagram Account.)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Kurt

Thanks so much for your posts and updates. Its invaluable to the site and our readership to have updates from people visiting Tobago. So, thanks and I am truly delighted that you had a great time. =D>

Cheers
Steve
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

I would highly recommend anyone at any age considering visiting the island, that now is the time to do it.
Beaches are pristine and empty.
Street food is pletiful and delicious.

Even the more touristy places like Shore Things, La Tartaruga, and Waves Restaurants are happy to have customers and providing top notch service to those who sit down at their tables. We did not make it to Fish Pot Restaurant, The Pasta Gallery, or the Pavillions Restaurant this year, but maybe sometime in the future, now that my children are in University, it may be just my wife and I going down for getaways, likely in Charlotte, Parlatuvier or Castara instead of the usual Villa in Bon Accord.

Kodi Treats has more than stepped up to replace the (R.I.P.) Ciao Cafe in Scarborough. with quality Ice Creams, Gelatos, fruit-bars, and Sorbets. It's in Crown Point between La Cantina and Jade Monkey.

While I can never seem to catch PATSY's ROTI open in Crown Point, there is a 'small door' Roti shop called HOT ON 'D' SPOT in Bon Accord (Estate Road just south (towards the jetty) of the big Church) which was excellent. Also the GOLDEN GIRLS Bakery in Canaan really steped up their game with Fish-filled Pastelles, and their monsterous Bake & Fish sandwiches for mere pennies. They are perhaps the best food deal on the island, with the possible exception of the the Doubles Man in Lowlands.

Due to the long and exceptional relationship I have with Regina Dumas in Runnymede (Cuffie River Ecohotel), she was kind enough to bring in her staff and prepare a meal for our two families (8 guests) even though her business has dropped to ZERO (older European birders apparently don't want to travel during Covid). She's a lovely human being and the best cook on the island, bar none. Paying CAN$500 for 8 is a deal, as her meals (and juices) border on 'live changing' even as they are simple and honest food, almost entirely local to the former plantation.

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”