Covid entry requirements for children

Your questions on medical and security issues
Cgboyd
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Covid entry requirements for children

Post by Cgboyd »

Hi, we are coming to Tobago with our two young children (who are unvaccinated) - I was wondering if anyone knows the arrangements for getting them a PCR test 3-5 days after arrival? We are all getting a pre departure PCR but the guidance seems to say the children will need another follow up test. Are there testing centres on Tobago?

Many thanks for any advice,
Chloe
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Covid entry requirements for children

Post by PaulMakin »

hi Chloe

when do you arrive ?

non-vaccinated children (accompanied by vaccinated adults and older siblings) must arrive with a negative PCR taken within 72 hours of arrival as per all non-nationals. A further PCR test 3-5 days following arrival is then required. No sign of this requirement being relaxed as yet but do keep checking the usual ministry pages.

all entrants must have their own TnT Travel Pass, regardless of age.

for sure testing is available at the hospital (old one at the Fort, not the new one. My neighbours took their toddler recently)

and, this was circulating (quite) some time ago but not sure if the contact number is still relevant or even if non-nationals can book :
https://tt.loopnews.com/content/tobagon ... eas-island
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

Also at the airport, see here :

viewtopic.php?t=13344
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

Hi Chloe

more easing announced yesterday which will have a bearing on entry to TnT from 4 April

Not sure if the easing of the requirement for PCR prior to arrival is going to affect the need for children to take a PCR post-arrival though. reports are a little short on detail but common sense would suggest that a non-vaccinated child can now take an LFT prior to arrival and upload the result to their own Travel Pass and be wholly compliant with conditions of entry ?

All travellers must still obtain the Travel Pass although we're told that this will "soon" be discontinued
JDMcEachern
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by JDMcEachern »

Hi PaulMakin, would you have a link to the news of easing? I have read that PCR AND rapid Antagine are ok now. This would save us a lot of money if true but the Travel Pass is still asking for PCR testing only.
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

Please note that passengers shall be required to provide evidence of:-
I. negative PCR tests or NEGATIVE Antigen test no older than three (3) days;
II. being fully vaccinated in accordance with WHO standards using WHO approved vaccines; and
III. fully paid for state supervised quarantine at an approved hotel facility where applicable;

From the updated Travel Pass guidance : https://ttravelpass.gov.tt/travel-requirement

From Loop News TT (mostly reliable) : https://tt.loopnews.com/content/travel- ... -caribbean

Also Loop : https://tt.loopnews.com/content/pm-remo ... ain-599614

Not sure how to get a workaround if the actual application still requires PCR results. I am pretty sure that its not checked by a real person as approval is granted within seconds (in my case). I suspect some electronic process is merely checking for uploads to the required fields. I think there is a "live-chat" facility on there but ? how helpful.

Regards
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Please note the 72 hours is from arrival time ! NOT departure time .
Allow for 5 hour time difference……
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

yes indeed, that caused me some "back of envelope" calculations prior to applying :D

Return to “Health & Security”