sunday supplies

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

sunday supplies

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Does anyone know of any food stores on the way to Castara open on Sunday evenings ? [ I should know but don't recall ] 5-7 pm Thanks Rick
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: sunday supplies

Post by PaulMakin »

Hi Rick

it's the time that might do for you, certainly in the Crown Point area. All the usuals are operating but many have curtailed their hours - especially on the "quieter" times. Other locations may be better provided - i dont get out much !

Trim's mini-mart (by Church's) will be open and will sell you enough to get started. Jimmy's still open Sunday's but a bit hit and miss on the closing times. Christabelle's (next Crown Point Hotel) closes around 6 from what i can tell.

The Bon Accord Food Basket stays open until around 7 on Sundays - a much better bet for supplies if they are open as you pass. Caribbean Cornerstores at the Buccoo Junction seem to operate into the evening on a Sunday but i've not been in there since pre-pandemic so couldnt comment on stocks, choice, price etc.

Of course, if all else fails, the gas station on the Milford Road is 24 hours and the supermarket section is, actually, pretty good, albeit pricey

If you bring up "Google maps Tobago" on Sunday and locate the relevant store, hovering over it will give you a small pop up showing the opening hours for the day etc. Very few establishments have websites so wait until the day in question before searching. i did not know this until very recently !!
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Thanks Paul - All the best - Rick
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

If you are coming up to Castara ask the property owner to get some essentials for you? We do it for our guests , especially coming in on a Sunday you could have them get a fresh loaf the day before from the beach oven?
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Thanks Chris - I'll be staying with Stephane & Ali BaBa and am sure they would do as you say - just need a couple of things I'm renting a car the next day and will be good then. Just never have arrived on sunday evening before . All the best and can't wait - Rick

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”