Food Options in Castara for Extended Stay

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
juniormcgill
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Food Options in Castara for Extended Stay

Post by juniormcgill »

Hi Everyone! I'm considering staying in Castara for most of January and wanted to get some insight on the food options since I'm not planning to cook much. I eat a basic ital/vegan/fish diet and am looking forward to doubles, roti, smoothies/juices, and of course, fresh fish. Should I be okay to find reasonably priced meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Also, any suggestions for places with good doubles and fruit smoothies/fresh juices? Blessings.
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Food Options in Castara for Extended Stay

Post by Chris Runciman »

I presume you are here in Castara now? Plenty of choice to suite all pockets from Bobo selling his fresh( sometimes still warm) home made ‘pies’ at $10 and Ducks place to Castara Retreats ! Chenos for breakfast and now Ria at Cascreole! Riverside, Marguerites, Almond Tree, Boathouse etc, if you dont want to cook then eat ( and drink out ) !
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hi Chris - I have not heard of Bobo - what kind of pies does he sell ?- also anyone in Castara making Rotis ?[ Marguerites made them one year I was there ]. Will be coming end of April [can't wait ! ] any info would be great - All the best - Rick
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Local ‘pies’ are like a flat pastie, fried. Variety of fillings depends what he has, potato, fish, choice of ‘sauce’. Marcie at Riverside does roti as does a lady up near ‘dangerous’ corner of Depot Road. Late mornings, lunch is early here! You have to ask in the morning or the day before. Always ask never assume !
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

P.S. Shirma, Opposite the ATM is away at the moment but she bakes good bread and pastries, local soup( serious soup!) , all depends on the day, bbq on Fridays but as I say she is away at the moment.
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Thanks Chris - can't wait to ckeck it out ! All the best - Rick

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”