LIQUID SUNSHINE - Feedback

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: LIQUID SUNSHINE - Feedback

Post by Carol G »

Hi Hugh & Chris,
It's finally raining a lot?? Think one of the few times I delighted to hear that.
Is WASA still rationing water in various areas, sounds like water may not be a problem at your places.
Chris, sorry to hear your soil is migrating to Trinidad! Hoping usual landslide into Castara has not happened.

Cheers, Carol
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Still raining hard now. There was a brief ray of sunshine an hour ago but no more.

Hugh 8)
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

No Carol the soil goes down the hill into the chaps yard unfortunately. He lives in Trinidad! I
Hopefully my pumpkin, pineapple etc will appreciate the water!
Steady rain good, torrential rain bad!
Otherwise it does not soak, in just runs off, taking my bl**dy garden with it!
We go back beginning of September just in time for Icecream mango and avocado season......The sea is always flatter around then and the sea water feels as though it has conditioner in it!
Turtle hatching time around September always good times to be had in Castara.......................well we love it!
If anyone is in Castara September/October it would be good to meet up.
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Good rain on and off all day and night yesterday in the Bethel area, a serious downpour at 9 pm, patches of blue sky now at 6 am Sunday.

Hugh 8)
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

A few heavy showers today in black rock area .....last for 10 mins or so then sun again...... :D
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Not too bad then Andy.

An area of showers has crossed Tobago over the last 12 hours but nothing of note ... just don't stand under the palm trees or 'Bonk' and you get crowned by a coconut.

The weather should be OK for the next 48 hours with occasional showers until pressure decreases around Monday/Tuesday with the passing of Tropical Storm Edouard way off to the north.

The decrease in pressure allows moisture to form and this could set off a few sharp showers or bring slightly prolonged periods of rain.

Edouard could become a hurricane and this increased strength could kick off a few swells that may take an additional 24/48 hours to reach Tobago.

All good fun ... enjoy your holiday.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Good stuff, thanks Paul. Same kind of pattern today, a few showers that didn't last long then hot sunshine. The breeze was up a bit earlier but has now dropped and the humidity seems to have risen in the last few hours, thankfully the AC is working overtime! :D
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Paul,
First off...hope your move goes with ease; is that possible!
Arrived Friday 31 Oct crack of dawn (still dark in Trinidad) over to Tobago in sunshine/light
We have yet to have more that a little dusting of rain the last few days...very odd for Nov! Is the rain coming...internet so horrible hard to check out the weather in the next week. Must have said something wrong....now hearing in coming rain
Cheers,
Carol
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Carol

Yes, my move went well and I have just got myself back on line through a strange satellite company called 'Jibba Jabba' ... this is because there is no cable out here in the remotest part of the UK.

As I have been off line I have not seen much over the last week. It appears my 'wet' forecast was wrong as the Tropical Waves got sheared away and it looks fairly good right now.

I will do another update this weekend after I have had a catch-up.

Enjoy your holiday.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Simon Partridge »

Hi Paul, could do with that satellite over here in Tobago. Arrived yesterday, good flight on Monarch but only 190 odd people on board. Glorious sunshine when we arrived, heavy shower in the early evening. This morning another heavy shower and rather dull but we all know how quickly that can change. Still very warm and already horizontal and looking forward to the next two weeks of very little!
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Friday some frequent showers with bursts of sunshine. As always beautifully warm. Saturday early morning heavy showers but cleared to give us a great day of sunshine up at Arnos Vale. Successful BBQ which is always better for great weather, masks my inability as a chef.
Sunday morning 8.30 weather perfect, brilliant sunshine and a wonderful breeze, Tobago at it's best! Beastly cold Carib beckons :)
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Hey Simon,

8:30 am Caribs? Awesome!

Hugh 8)
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Hi Hugh,
Hadn't taken on board how early it was, whoops!
Take it you are not on the island?

Weather today has been really strange, overnight continual heavy rain continuing well into morning. Postponed boat trip til tomorrow and opted for the long, lazy, lunch at Fish Pot! Excellent second choice four and a half hours later. Sunshine now brilliant, so an afternoon in the pool and reading, or sleeping for some :)
Fingers crossed for tomorrow's trip with Cocomotion.
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Weather Tuesday glorious, one of the hottest days we have experienced, had to take great care when snorkelling, sunscreen and wearing tee shirts.
Wednesday morning weather again superb, very hot but with a lovely breeze up at Arnos Vale.
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Try Castara or Englishman's then at least you can get a drink after your swim !
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Chris don't worry we have learnt, plenty Caribs and other nutrients on board with us :lol:
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Thursday, my mistake, Tobago is still in rainy season big time! Started early hours of this morning and has rained constantly, sometimes light with sporadic bursts of very heavy rain. It is now 4.15pm and showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. We have never seen it quite this bad in all our visits, fingers crossed for tomorrow and the weekend.
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Well we have certainly seen plenty of rain since Thursday. Saturday was a fine day, lots of sunshine and very warm. The rest of the time has been mainly rain with a few spells of sunshine. Today Monday has been great so far with just a small shower. Looking good for the rest of the day, but hey what do I know, it changes so quickly here.
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Paul,
Great to see your posting. Well, nice to see your internet working again but could have lived with a different forecast....2-3 weeks more of rain!! Could you just lie the next time. I know it's the usual Nov rainy season should not be surprised. Seeing blue sky at the moment (afraid to say out loud); the last time this happened was a week ago Sat. Waking up to grey mornings, wave after wave of heavy rain during the day and often carrying on overnight. No star gazing or beach lounging, sigh.
At least Tobago seems to be in better shape than Trinidad....serious flooding. I understand (brief periods our internet decides to work) Europe having terrible rains...the UK too?
Cheers, Carol
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hello Carol ... hope you are well

I think the US is having the worst weather in the world right now.

Not too bad in the UK ... a few flooding issues ... but what can the northern hemisphere expect in November?

November is one month when Tobago and most of the Caribbean get rain. It has eased up a little since my last post on Liquid Sunshine. The risk is high for rain but that does not necessarily mean it will rain everywhere in the Caribbean.

It has been a kind wet season ... few storms but nothing major ... one week to go before the dry season starts !

Regards
Paul Tallet

Return to “Weather”