Guest Report

10 room hotel and restaurant near Buccoo (listing)
Linda Janik

Guest Report

Post by Linda Janik »

The grounds/landscaping of this quaint hotel are very impressive & well-maintained. The fountains throughout the courtyard were relaxing, and the birds who made this little paradise their home made it seem like a little sanctuary in itself.
The restaurant is open and airy, and often the birds came to playfully visit us at breakfast as there are no screens on the windows, which were really large openings. But, there were no bugs at all! I thought the food was very good and the service was superb.
The hotel is located right off a main road, but I didn't hear many cars, as the fountains and bird songs caught more of my attention.
When we first saw our room, it wasn't quite as we expected because the website pictures looked more "upscale". We got a "standard" room, which I would describe as a Beach house-type room.
However, after we compared this hotel to others in the area of the same rate, we decided to stay at Enchanted Waters, as the other places seemed even more "rustic" and not as well-kept.
After a couple days, we were glad we stayed. It was so lovely to have that private balcony with the little kitchenette.
We stayed for 5 nights and wished for more!

Upsides:
Good location – close to grocery store, beaches, other restaurants/bars
Private balcony with kitchenette and clean rooms
Friendly and courteous staff who make you feel at-home
Relaxing & serene – well-kept and landscaped grounds
Great value for the money ($80/night for Standard Room)

Downsides:
The bedspread didn’t seem to be cleaned on a regular basis – it did not smell fresh at all
The bed was too hard for me – my hips started to feel sore after two nights. Also, we requested a Queen bed and instead got two Full-sized beds pushed together.
The cleaning lady had forgotten to leave us clean towels and replenish our toilet paper one day. I called the front desk early the next morning to get some more TP and no answer. I had to get dressed and go down to the restaurant to get the TP. Mrs. Patino did apologize for this inconvenience.
The family’s dogs bark occasionally in the early morning – not a problem if you awaken by 7am or so.

Of course, all hotels have some downsides, but we felt that the positive aspects of this hotel outweighed the negatives; so, overall we enjoyed our stay and would book a room again here!

Return to “Enchanted Waters Hotel”