Guest Report

5 room Guest House between Canaan & Golden Grove (listing)
Denise Patterson

Guest Report

Post by Denise Patterson »

I spent for 4 nights and 5 days at the above location and was pleased with the easy access. For those of you who want to take public transport; rest assured it very accessible. I walked to the main road which took less than ten (10) minutes and there were taxis, maxis and buses to choose from. The fare was quite reasonable to go the Scarborough or Store Bay.

The house was clean, quiet and serene and the room was comfortable and inviting. Kudos to the interior designer. Eventhough it was a shared kitchen, it was large enough for more than one person to comfortably cook at the same time. Each room had its'own private bathrooms which I loved the most. I am a germ-a-phobic and do not believe in sharing bathrooms with strangers in a guest house. There was also a dorm room fridge in the room; another plus.

I took the Harris Tobago tour which was very educational and informative. From Fort King George to Argyle Waterfalls to Castara and so on...it was well worth it. If you want to see what Tobago looks like on land, take the tour. Harris was very knowledgeable, friendly and jovial. He was a true tour guide. I would also say that he was a walking Tobago Encyclopedia.

Unfortunately, I have one negative comment. During my stay, the room was never cleaned including the bathroom. Neither the linens nor towels were changed. Although the "pamplet" in our room said that the room will be cleaned every other day, that did not happen.

In conclusion, it was a great experience and I would stay at Harris Guesthouse again.

Return to “Harris Guest House”