SHEPPY'S

Transport-related questions and comment
RosyV
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

SHEPPY'S

Post by RosyV »

Having hired our car from Colin Sheppy last month (Feb 10) we wanted to say a big thank you to him and his staff for such an efficient and friendly service. Our intial enquiry re rental was responded to promptly (within an hour), our vehicle, a hard top Jimny was in excellent condition, and delivery and collection went smoothly. Sheppy is a lovely friendly person and we would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for car hire whist in Tobago.
Dave Self
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Re: SHEPPY'S

Post by Dave Self »

I used to be a Teds sunshine enterprizes man and still think Ted is great BUT SHEPPY is now number one choice for me kids car seats and plenty of mango s made it a pleasure to do business with this guy would i reccommend Sheppy
TOO RIGHT I WILL :D
Karambesi
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Karambesi »

We had our holiday in Tobago Sheppys on the car. Straightforward and friendly. We can book again through this company.
Thanks one Sheppy - greate service !!!!
Karambesi
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Karambesi »

We have booked again for our summer holiday at Sheppys the car. The communication was very friendly. There again, a Suzuki Jimny hardtop. The car will take us to the hotel. The service is great.
MichyR
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by MichyR »

SO happy to hear the good reviews of Sheppy's- I've just booked a car with him for my trip in December. Thanks to everyone involved in making this website- it is a great source of information! :D
Gio
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Gio »

Hi!
I will be going to Tobago from the 16 to the 27 March.
Where is Sheppy's car rental? Do you know if I can book a car online and pay for it from home online?
Peace & Love
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Gio

Sheppy's are located less than a 5-minute walk from the airport. Yes, you can book a car on-line and pay by credit card on their website. If you look at the Contact page of their website, it also gives directions on how to find them and shows a Google aerial map to help you locate them.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Gio
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Gio »

that was quick Thanks!
even if this is not the propper thread to ask...do they accept €uros now? last time I visited Tobago was such a long time ago...
Peace & Love
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Gio

You would not be advised to try and pay for anything with Euros in Tobago, because the supplier is sure to give you a VERY poor exchange rate for the inconvenience. ONLY pay in TT Dollars. Although US Dollars are commonly accepted, even there they will give you a poor exchange rate.

If you are paying by credit/debit card, you don't need to worry - the card company will automatically convert the charge from Euros to TTD and normally at a much better rate than you will get elsewhere.
Steve Wooler
Gio
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Gio »

thanks again!
I'll surf your forum for other advice.
Peace & Love
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

Just booked by 6th vehicle rental from Sheppy's (online this time). Happy that his business is thriving, as the service from Colin and his staff has always been top notch.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Kurt

Couldn't agree more. But, don't forget to add your vote to the RSR ratings on the main site. Just go to http://www.mytobago.info/carrental05.php and click on the RSR icon next to Sheppy's listing. :)
Steve Wooler
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

DONE!
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

As usual. Sheppy's service is exceptional. He had one of his restaurant staff run a car out to the airport to us at 6:30am. We didn't ask for this, just booked online, and it was a nice surprise to get our car early, delivered!

There was a squeak in the breaks of the Nissan Tilda after a hard drive around the island, brought it over to his shop the morning after, and him and one of his mechanics fixed it on the spot instantly. Always amazed at the good service here at this shop.

(There was a minor incident at the end of the trip, while one of his employees was dropping me off at the airport (From Sheppard's Inn) at the end of the vacation, Colin accidently backed into us with one of his Jimny's. OOOPS! Not sure how that all panned out, but since I had already 'returned' the car, I guess he will be fixing it himself).

Every time we head to Tobago, Sheppy is the first stop and this will certainly continue.
Geoff.Seabrook
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Geoff.Seabrook »

First rental from Sheppy January 18. Actually two rentals as my sons also rented from them. As others have said they provide a quality service. I fully recommend them.

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”