Staying in Bon Accord - transport questions

Transport-related questions and comment
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Staying in Bon Accord - transport questions

Post by Pupuce »

Hello all,

First of all, thank you for this great and thorough site! I'm originally from Finland, my husband is French, we live in France. A good friend of mine, my brother of heart, is from Tobago and in 2 weeks I'm going to visit his country for the first time with my husband. I'm so excited!

We have rented a villa in the Bon Accord development. Iwould like to know little bit about the distances in that area. Can we go grocery shopping on foot or do we have to take a taxi every time? How about the restaurants? Apparently there are some nice local restaurants not far away from our villa but is it safe to walk in the neighborhood in the evening?

Is it doable to walk to the beach in Pigeon Point? How about all the restaurants and shops in Crown Point?

I would like to go jogging in the morning. Do you think it is wise for a woman to do that in that neighborhood?

On our last holiday we went to Mauritius. I was deeply moved by the friendliness, the feeling of security and the hospitality of that island. I hope Tobago is the same. :)
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Staying in Bon Accord - transport questions

Post by Ronald »

Hi
As Bon Accord Developement isn't an exact address, it's not possible to answer correct, but..

The Supermarket Penny Savers is not far away, on the way against Scarborough, between Bon Accord and Canaan. In real there are houses all over on both sides so you only know when leaving Bon Accord when you see the sign for Canaan.

So,if you have to use a car or walk, that depends on How Much you are going to buy, it's not so funny to walk long distances carrying everything. But if you will not have a rented car, road taxis are always passing on the way to-from the Airport.

Jogging, you will see when you are here, there's smaller roads and there are the main road, ask where you rent as we don't know where you will stay.

"all the restaurants and shops in Crown Point", I wouldn' t say a lot, but there 's are both good ones and less good ones,

Normally it's safe to walk as the street light are far better now. A walk to Pidgeon Point is a good walk, and it's hot in the sun! Use soem kind of hat, hat will take down the heat a lot, I'm walking myself and I always use a military style
floppy hat because if the sun.

I will be in Tobago for 6 months now, so if I can help you, se some contact info via Steve.

Ronald, from Uppsala
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pupuce »

Hej Ronald :),

Thanks for your comments! Perhaps I could send you a private message? I just couldn't find the option on your profile.

I don't want to give our exact location on the forum...

So the road- taxis (maxi-taxis?) are a good way of transportation?

We are not sure If we want to rent a car. We might decide it once on the island. The main focus is on relaxing and enjoying the scenery, the beaches, the food and drinks. :wink:

So nice of you to offer to help - thanks! I might as well contact you. Vi hörs! :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Pupuce

I withdrew the Private Messaging service some years ago after concerns that a certain unscrupulous business owner on Tobago was using the facility to promote his own business. However, I'm happy to give it a try again, so have enabled the facility.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ronald

I've deleted your post because publishing your email address in any forum is just giving spam robots your address on a plate. I've enabled the Private Messaging service, so Pupuce can 'email' you directly through that, in a secure way that doesn't make our address public and, more importantly, doesn't present it to spam robots.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

That 's OK Steve
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pupuce »

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I'll send a message to Ronald. :)

And Ronald, you're there right now?!? Cool.
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Yes I'm here, will be here until April 25 2012!

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”