Overnight Accommodation at Gatwick

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Shaun Larkin
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Overnight Accommodation at Gatwick

Post by Shaun Larkin »

Hi

Having a family house in Tobago, I have been an avid lurker of this forum for quite a number of years.

We've just returned from a wonderful 3 weeks there and are already looking forward to our next visit later this year. The worst part of these trip is the leaving :( but that is followed closely by the aggravation of the early morning flights from Gatwick. Well, that used to be the worst part. For the last three years we've always stayed at the Manor House guest house, just outside the airport perimeter. The accommodation is simple but the family that own it are friendly and efficient and offer a courtesy service to the airport in the morning. You can leave your car there and the overall cost is very reasonable. Staying there has really made all the difference to our outbound journeys, which I used to dread. No more fighting round the M25 worrying that we won't get there on time! :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Overnight Accommodation at Gatwick

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Shaun

Welcome aboard. :)

I'm always delighted when we manage to convert a lurker. Being as familiar with Tobago as you obviously must be if you have a house there and have been following the forum for years, you obviously don't bother with the main article pages of the site. Therefore, you can be forgiven for not having spotted that we already recommend The Manor House (click to visit website) in our air travel section. I do endorse your recommendation though and think they are worth a plug here. :wink: :wink:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Kevin Pallant
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kevin Pallant »

My thoughts exactly Shaun :) ! This is our fisrt choice for overnight stops at Gatwick.
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pupuce »

Hi all,

I can recommend The Cumberland House. About 10 minutes from the airport. Kept by a nice British couple; clean, confortable rooms; free airport transfers 24/7. We have stayed there twice and been very happy withe their service.
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

An other choise, just in case...

The Corner House Hotel
72 Massetts Road, Horely
Surrey RH6 7ED
www.thecornerhouse.co.uk
E-mai¨l: [email protected]
Phone: +44 (0) 1293 784574

I have stayed here many times on my way down to Tobago, It´s a nice place for me, they are very friendly.
It´s a family run small hotel, it is divided into two buildings on each side of the road.
The main building has a resturant and a bar/TV-room, the other house has only rooms.
They are not far from Gatwick, 3 miles from the North Terminal and 2 miles from the South terminal.
They have a free pick-up service via the phone at the airport.
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Premier inn north terminal for me....ok you don't get that personal touch but the rooms are very comfortable and the rates are around £29 per night ....I never take the car so parking is not applicable and then 2 mins on the mono rail thing and you're in south terminal....happy days!
Elizabeth.W
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Elizabeth.W »

Yotel in the south terminal for me, £55 for a bunkbed and shower in a cabin size room, very happy
Elizabeth.W
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Elizabeth.W »

Yotel was perfect, compact yes, but very clean and comfortable. Slept all night, then took the lift down to departures. No worries.

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”