I am a member of a group of 9 people who vacationed in Tobago Island and we were lodging at the Sunset Reef Villa, in April 2016 (4 nights). I must say that the view from the villa was spectacular, very good location. However, we encountered a few problems that we did not bargain for that made our stay a bit unpleasant.
1) When we arrived at the Villa, the air condition unit in one of the bedrooms was not functioning. We therefore called Gus to get someone to fix the problem which was done on the same day, however we were told to keep the unit on constantly or it may not be able to turn on again once it was turned off. In addition, we were advised not to adjust the temperature.
2) There was no electricity running to the gazebo i.e. no lights or electrical power in the outlets for the entire duration of our stay.
We contacted Gus around 6.30 pm on Friday 29 April, 2016 and we were told that someone would come on Saturday to fix this problem but no-one showed up until around 7pm on Sunday May 1st, 2016.
Unfortunately for us the problem could not be fixed at that time. This was a major issue since my uncle, who flew in from Canada had plans to celebrate his 50th birthday which was supposed to be held in your beautiful gazebo but could not because it was in darkness. It goes without saying we were all very disappointed since we had planned his entire birthday celebration in the gazebo after we saw the pictures on the internet.
3) The electrical breaker kept tripping off several times during our stay so we had to call on Gus again who alerted us to the breaker switch boxes which we had to keep resetting (which is not advisable unless the problem has been identified). The breaker boxes themselves were unusually hot when we opened them to reset the breakers. After a while we realized that we could not use the Dryer and the Washing Machine at the same time without losing power in the entire house.
4) We noticed a small light/spark in the lawn near the steps by the gazebo leading down to the gate on Sunday night. When the electrician arrived, he identified the light/spark as a live wire which may have been exposed due to the landscapers cutting the lawn. Now this, as you can imagine, was extremely dangerous to us and to your property as rain fell on Sunday night which caused the exposed wire to spark which could have led to a fire or worse.
5) On Monday 2nd May, while preparing breakfast the gas for the stove ran out and there was no backup gas for the stove.
Some smaller issues which occurred at your property included: No internet connection as was promised (a Wi-Fi network was available but there was no internet connection on the network). One of your water tanks sprung a leak during our stay and the leak became increasingly larger until it reached onto the roadway below and flowed to the other side of the carriageway.