New supermarket Gulf City Mall

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Julian
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

New supermarket Gulf City Mall

Post by Julian »

Was in Gulf City Mall a few days back and there appears to be a new supermarket?

Well I don't remember it being there last year - it is about the same size as Penny Savers in Canaan. Has a wine section, hot snacks and, for Tobago, a fairly comprehensive household and food selection. Haven't shopped there yet, just passing through.

Also I noticed the cash point in the Mall is now charging for cash withdrawals so went up the road to the Republic Bank (Blue Machine) just south of Scarborough where it's still free.

Julian
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: New supermarket Gulf City Mall

Post by Carol G »

Hi Julian,
I, too only discovered this store on quick stop at the Mall this past fall (we seldom go to the Mall). Apparently it opened sometime during last summer. I made a quick look around and purchase some juice we needed that day. Prices in general seem to be a touch higher than Pennysavers, but not enough that it is a big difference. The real advantage are their hours..open late and longer on Sundays than any other grocery stores and you have an enormous parking lot to use! Cannot remember the name, will try to write down the hours when back and post here.
Probably will still continue to use the Pennysaver in Carnbee as our usual and keep this store in mind when it's late.
Also it will be interesting to see what happens with the new Viewport in Scarborough; have heard they are taking over the Republic Bank location across from the Port....has to be a big improvement over the old one.
Cheers, Carol
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Yes, it did open last year, and they open early and close late. If you are there early and want to go in to the Mall, you can wait inside the Mall until they open, inside the big doors between the super market and the Bmobile office.

This place also have a pharmacy, so they really have everything needed now into that area, No More travelling to Crown Point, Carnbee or Scarborough when you pass around.
And Republic Banks new office by the round-about is realy good
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

We treated that Market in the Gulf City Mall as a pharmacy with a bonus supermarket in it. It's kind of tight in there, but the cost for pharmaceuticals was very reasonable. Also, the smoked herring pies in the bakery are very good.
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

where is gulf city mall ? I am coming in april & have not heard of it. can't wait to be there . thanks rick
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

It´s in the Lowlands area, Carnbee; in you travel from Crown Point against Scarborough, it´s on your left side of the road, almost opposide Little Rockley Bay. You see the mall from the road and there´s a BIG carpark area there too.

If you get a map by the airport you will have no problem to see it.
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

thanks Ronald - I thought that was lowlands mall.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Same thing, Rick. Being located in Lowlands, the Lowlands Mall, owned by Gulf City Ltd, is variously known as the Gulf City Mall, the Gulf City Lowlands Mall or the Lowlands Mall.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Ah yes we used this supermarket last September, very good selection and freshly baked bread,cakes etc. :D

Return to “General Questions & Comment”