Bona Villa & Villa Molyneux -- any experience yet?

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Gerald T.

Bona Villa & Villa Molyneux -- any experience yet?

Post by Gerald T. »

Has anyone of you stayed at either of the two above mentioned villas (Bon Accord area)? According to their homepage the prices (self-catering) seem to be very reasonable, being around £650 to £800 per week for four to six persons.

See: http://www.bonavillatobago.com/

Kind regards,
Gerald
Allan K.

Post by Allan K. »

Hi Gerald

We are staying at Bona Villa for 2 weeks from 3 September, so if you haven't made a decision by the time we come back I'll give you all the information you need at that time.

Regards
Allan
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Hi Allan,
I too have had a look at Bona Villa and would be very interested in your views and comments when you return,until then i wish you and your family a happy and safe holiday.Andy. :D
Lucy Stead

Post by Lucy Stead »

Hi there

We stayed at Bona Villa in May. The villa is really nice and very good value for money. There was 6 adults and 2 infants and we were very comfortable. The villa is in a great location and only 5 mins walk from a lovely beach, shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend Bona Villa and we hope to return very soon.

Lucy Stead :D
Allan K.

Post by Allan K. »

Hi All

After recently returning from a 2 week stay at Bona Villa I can highly recommend it. There were only two of us but with 3 very large A/C bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms (the two upstairs bedrooms have cathedral ceilings), plus a 4th bathroom off the big A/C living room, it is ideal for families or friends. There is also a kitchen with ceiling fan and an upstairs sitting area with TV and both a large upstairs covered balcony and a large downstairs patio with tables, chairs and loungers by the pool.

The website accurately describes all of the facilities but it is also worth noting that on either side of the villa are vacant plots, so the nearest houses on each side are around 50 to 100 yards away, which means that the garden and pool area is very private.

As it is located in a residential estate it is extremely quiet (they are building a new house down the road but there was no intrusive noise). We had a car but walked to the Crown Point area restaurants at night, taking 10 -20 minutes depending on where we went.

As far as the service is concerned we received a road map & guide before leaving the UK and Marcia the taxi driver sought us out at airport. Anita, the housekeeper who comes 6 days a week, was waiting for us at the Villa to show us around. Anita was great and the property manager Rain is on hand by phone if needed, but she popped in and kept in contact to see that everything was OK. The welcome grocery pack was generous with eggs, milk, bread, beer, bacon, coffee, water, beer, soft drinks and more, and other provisions were in the cupboards.

I arranged everything through the website and e-mail contact with the owner, Paula Dengel, who lives here in the UK. I had considered the nearby Seashell Villas and Coral Sea Villas, but Villa Bona is bigger, better located, and cheaper. The size of the villa and the 4 bathrooms means that if you are a group there is plenty of privacy and personal space when needed.

We loved the villa (and Tobago - our first visit) and hope to return soon to sit on the patio watching the many birds that visit the garden.

If you want any more information let me know.

Allan
Gerald T.

Post by Gerald T. »

Sorry, I have not yet said thank you for this extensive report of yours, Allan! Friends of mine will be staying at Bona Villa next March, and I'm sure they will confirm your opinion.

Cheers, Gerald.

Return to “General Accommodation”