Guest Report

15 open-plan lodges and apartments on a steep hillside (listing)
Rudy Bodei

Guest Report

Post by Rudy Bodei »

Me, my fiance and my year old son stayed at Castara Retreats for one week, before that we spent a day in Crown Point and three days in Speyside. It is difficult to criticize Castara Retreats, as everything about it was just wonderful, the location (views couldn't be better), the facilities are great, including the kitchen, which has everything you need to be self sufficient, (cutlery, pots and pans were all in great condition). I found that this detail goes a long way, as other places that had kitchens had such disgusting pots and pans that you HAD to eat out. The service was also great, Porridge and Jeanelle never fail to attend to ones needs. I was just a little bit disappointed with the beaches, as they were a bit dirty, but the snorkeling was quite good at Heavenly Bay, even though, unfortunately some of the local boats anchor way too close to the corals. In conclusion, I highly recommend Castara Retreats, its a very comfortable place and the village is tiny and friendly (don't miss the fresh fish from the co-op), just a little further up I found Old Englishman's Bay to be the best Beach.

Return to “Castara Retreats”