Bottled water

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
T Heie

Bottled water

Post by T Heie »

I saw some sideline advertisements for spring water during the televised U.S. vs. T&T soccer match today.
Is there bottled water on the island, and is it readily available at supermarkets? If so, what is the best bottled water on the island? Can you drink the tap water on the island? (Sorry if this last one was covered already; I tried to do a search.)
Alas, the U.S. won today's game, but T&T looked sound for the entire match. Congrats to both teams for a game well played. :D
Stephen Turner

Post by Stephen Turner »

Yes, bottled water is plentiful. You can have great fun comparing the number of different purification treatments each one claims to have. "Reverse osmosis, triple carbon filtered, deionized" etc. They all advertise that they meet US standards, which we somehow found depressing, as if the people of T&T had an inferiority complex about not being Americans.

I also drank tap water with no problems.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

T, the tap water is perfectly safe to drink.It is also cheaper asit is fre!!!!!I have been here for the best part of three months,I've drunk tap water and eaten mainly in "local" eating houses,drunk juices off the street vendors and in the middle of the rain forest-----no Delhi Belly,no long nights in the bathroom so eat and drink in peace!
David

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”