Budget for self catering

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Budget for self catering

Post by Andy D »

Going back to Tobago in April,self catering this time for two weeks,can anyone give me any information regarding a weekly budget for 2 adults and 2 children please,we will be eating out now and again and having been before i know the restaurant prices etc....we were thinking somewhere along the lines of £200-£250 per week,what do you think? :)
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Hi Andy
I honestly do not know how much we spent on food when we were there last year, but am sure it was not that much,depends if you include carib and rum in your budget or not!
We found Pennysavers on the main Road to Crown point good value, also look out for the meat farm, sign posted from main road, this was really good prices and meat was good.

Linda
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Hi Linda,
Thanks for the info,will use Pennysavers and also track down the meatfarm,cheers,Andy
Wanda

Post by Wanda »

It is called the Golden Grove farm, run by 2 sisters and the meat is as free range and organic as you could ever hope for!! Take a left from the Milford Rd just by Caribbean Estates office and follow the road till you see a sign to go left up a track.
Wanda
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Andy,it depends on what you are going to eat and where you buy it from.You can get 5-6lb of fish on the beach or fishermen's coops for 30-50TT$,and fresh fruit and veg from the market or roadside stalls at riduculously low(by UK standards)prices.So shop around and youwill be suprisedhow little you can spend,I managed generally on about 20GBP per week eating out 2 or 3 times a week.
Enjoy David
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Thanks David i'll be sure to take your advise and shop around,we will have jeep hire while we're out there so getting around and seeking out some good local food should be fun. :D
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

David - I'm amazed and impressed that you spend only £20 a week! 8)
Is that just for your self catering food?
You're not including beer, rum etc and meals out in that are you? :shock:
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Julia,indeed that was just self catering food--we won't go into the booze bill!!!!!! :oops:
David (hic)
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

Phew! :lol:

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”