Restuarants for kids

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Linda P

Restuarants for kids

Post by Linda P »

Hi All
We will be in Tobago in May with my two daughters, Gemma aged 10 ( 11 while we are there, dare I forget!!!) loves trying new foods and is really keen to try her first lobster, Amber aged 8, is not so adventurous, chicken nuggets and chips is her staple diet when we eat out! Can anyone reccomend a restaurant that will suit both?
Thanks
Linda
Sharon E

Post by Sharon E »

What area are you staying in, most in the Crown Point area will cover both if you ask, Pelican Reef and Bonkers will change their menu for you to have what you require, just let them know when you book, Seahorse Inn also will very its menu if you let them know in advance, but this isn't any help if you are staying in Castara or Speyside. The Lobster at the Birdwatcher (next to Gemmas) is wonderful and they also have beefburgers on their menu and far better value for money and service. Also the historical cafe is excellent but it really does depend on where you are staying.
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

the boathouse restaurant in castara does a wicked lobster. they do half portions for kids and chicken and fries is never a problem. marguarites have great dishes to try, too. don't know about her lobster... she does great pizza on demand and never runs out of ice cream.....
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Emma

Kids restaurants

Post by Emma »

In castara, as Brain said I would highly reccomend Marguarites. Open every night she has large shrimps to battered chicken and chips, Ranged at around $6.00 TT each it is very good for the quality of food. She does not do Lobster but does do shrimp, chicken, lamb, goat and a few other things. She is not liscensed but allows you to go to the store next door to buy a bottle of alcohol, she does supply non alcoholic drinks.

Thanks
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

May I clarify that Marguerites charges between $40TT and $85TT for meals (£4 to £8.50) with chicken the cheapest and lamb/shrimps most expensive.

Her food is indeed delicious and I would say the lamb is her best dish, the best lamb I have tasted anywhere.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Emma

Mistake on pricing

Post by Emma »

Very sorry about the price mistake, if it were $6.oo TT then i would be eating there every day, Thanks Paul for the correction. :oops:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Thanks for the suggestions everybody, we will be staying in Scarborough( so Pizza Bos and Ciao Cafe are a must!) but will have a car.
Only 5 weeks to go :D

Linda

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”