Cafe Petunia

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Sharon E

Cafe Petunia

Post by Sharon E »

Having just returned from the most wonderful evening out, I thought I would let others know about this wonderful little place. Set by the old racecourse on Shirvan Road with the old starting stalls in the back ground, prior to it being burnt down this place is little known to toursits.

The food is quite superb and as for Petunia (hope I have spelt the name right) she can sing better than I have heard anyone else on the island. For 4 people including drinks our bill came to $290TT with our meal.

The menu is limited but the food is great and the atmosphere is better than anywhere I have been for a friday night. For a very wet Friday night I am so glad I found this little haven. Petunia Thank you for a lovely evening you need to be found by tourists and not just the locals so am sharing your secrets.
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Hi Sharon

Sounds as though you had a wonderful evening - Hugo and I are quite envious! It's definitely somewhere to bear in mind when we get back to Tobago (hopefully in the next year!).

Jane
Barbara1

Post by Barbara1 »

I am going to Tobago next week. I have never been there before. where exactly is Petunia's?
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Steve Pitts »

Hi Barbara

You'll need a car or taxi if you want to get to Cafe Petunia, but it's less than a ten minute drive from the Crown Point area.

Previously known as the Starting Gate Pub and then LUSH disco, many frequent visitors to Tobago will know where it is.

Head towards Scarborough and take a left at the Shiravan Rd.
This has a slip road for those turning left towards the Mount Irvin area and is clearly signed 'Onto Shirvan Rd'.

Cafe Petunia is then 200 - 300 yards along the Shirvan Rd, on the right-hand side, with a pink sign by the entrance. Petunia's is just up a short road and parking is right outside in the courtyard.

I think that Petunia's is only open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays though - lunch times and then again in the evening.

There are still a few old signs for the original Petunia's cafe (which was at Lambeau) scattered around the lowlands area. Ignore these and follow the directions I've just given and you can't miss it.

As Sharon has said - good food, a fantastic hostess and if you're into Jazz and blues, then you'll love the music too. Petunia is well know on Tobago as she has a TV show and her singing voice is a national treasure.

Cheers
Steve

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”