Cheap hotel within walking distance of shops

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Indy (Canada)

Post by Indy (Canada) »

Hello All:

My fiancee and I will be getting married in Tobago in August '03. We, (with our families) will be staying at Sherwood park apts for a week, the wedding will be at Cuffie River where we'll spend a couple days for the "honeymoon". Then Geoff and I will be alone together for 6 days. However, our financial resources will be a little strained by then, and I'm trying to find a place to stay that is cheap (under $50 US), that may (or not provide breakfast) but close enough to walk to restaurants to eat out (again, reasonably priced). I have read the accomodation reviews, but I don't know how far away it would be to walk to "the action",
so to speak. I don't think I would want to rent a car for 6 days. Also, restaurants?

Thanks!
Indy

--I've read the Tropikist reviews and I think I won't chance it. --I know about Ocean Point hotel.
Jorg Kilian

Post by Jorg Kilian »

Dear Indy,
It depends how far you want to go back to civilization. In Charlotteville you find nice places for 50US and under. There are many local restaurants, shops and even an Internet-Cafe in the village - but you are still behind God's back. Buccoo is a nice place in the more developed part of the island. Steve recommends the Polo Bar (see the review). The most developed area for tourists is Crown Point. Here you find different places besides the Tropikist. One of the places with a good reputation is the Toucan Inn (60US)...

Return to “General Accommodation”