Bring food into Tobago

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
L Whitman

Bring food into Tobago

Post by L Whitman »

I was thinking of bringing some food with me this next trip 9/3. When we were there in May, I was not really impressed with the choice of meats in the grocery store, so I thought I would bring some steaks, chops etc. Does anyone know if its OK, or will I be stopped and have to disgard it? I know coming back to the US I can't bring anything grown, but wasn't sure about the other way around. I've brought food into other countries with no problem. Thanks loads. Can't wait to go back!!!!!
Rachel Crew
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Bring food into Tobago

Post by Rachel Crew »

Instead of running the risk of having all your meats confiscated if they are found on entry, why not find your way to the "Sisters meat shop" on the Golden Grove Estate... they have home-reared beef and pork, good lamb, plus imported US steaks, and the best spicy home-made sausages!

The farm is located about five to ten minutes from Crown Point, between the main road and Buccoo, and you could stock up for your whole stay in one trip.
Rachel & Marlon Winter-Roach
CocoMotion - http://www.cocomotion.net
L Whitman

Post by L Whitman »

Wow, thanks so much. Is it actually called Sisters? So if I ask the cab driver, he'll know where I want to go. Definitely sounds good - especially the spicy sausage.
Rachel Crew
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Bring food into Tobago

Post by Rachel Crew »

I don't think it's got any 'official' title... but most people locally will know it as the Sisters' meat shop - it's run by the two elderly sisters who own the Golden Grove Estate. Any taxi driver should know where to go if you tell them it's the Golden Grove farm meat shop.

It's not far from Morshead Supermarket, so you may want to stop off there too on your way round as they have a good selection of local and imported foods.
Rachel & Marlon Winter-Roach
CocoMotion - http://www.cocomotion.net

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”