seahorse or polo bar or toucan

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Steve Cash

seahorse or polo bar or toucan

Post by Steve Cash »

hi everybody

i need some advice or suggestions i have been to tobago before and stayed at turtle beach (6 years ago) with my ex wife

i have now decided that i need to go back to the nicest island in the carribbean i have been to with my new girlfriend obviously i dont want to stay turtle beach again to many memories so i want a smaller hotel/guesthouse which i have shortlisted the above

i have been in contact via email with charlie at the polo and i was very impressed with his prompt reply also the seahorse have replied to me with their rates (had quite a lot of meals there so the memory thing might come back to hauntme) i cant seem to get on the toucans website any suggestions

so i have a big dilema i am 35 and the other half is 26 we are fun loving and really enjoy our holidays WHICH ONE DO I PICK I HAVE A FAVOURITE BUT I REALLY NEED ADVICE

CHEERS

8) 8) 8) 8) :D :twisted: 8) :D :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Steve

I haven’t stayed at the Seahorse, or even viewed their rooms, so can’t really comment. Their restaurant is, however, one of my favourites.

I’ve neither stayed at, nor eaten at, the Toucan Inn. Once a very popular inn and restaurant, I get the feeling that popularity has waned in recent years. I don’t know why. I can confirm that their website seems to be down at the moment.

You will obviously have seen our review of The Polo Bar - http://www.mytobago.info/accommodation2a.php?P=44&NW=N - so will already know how impressed we were with this establishment.

An obvious consideration is that The Polo Bar is vastly cheaper than the other two (nearly a third of the price of the Seahorse Inn and half that of the Toucan Inn ). I cannot believe that they are two or three times as comfortable or as good as The Polo Bar.

Charlie Johnson offers damn good clean, spacious and comfortable accommodation at a remarkable price. Yes, The Polo Bar is new, so we must accept that rates will almost certainly go up when it is more established. However, my advice would be to take advantage of the low rates. You can then eat at the Sea Horse or Bonkers (Toucan Inn) as often as you like. The Polo Bar is also slightly more central for all the other good restaurants in the main tourist area of Tobago.

Have fun and let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”