general recommendations

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
SJKeeler

general recommendations

Post by SJKeeler »

Having visited Tobago twice now -- and planning to return every year -- I thought I'd share some of our restaurant experiences. Having so many to try, I find it is always nice to have other opinions. Here's what we found:

Bonkers is excellent. Great food and friendly staff. The setting is beautiful, nice teak furniture around a pool setting. Make sure you ask if this dish is hot/spicy, because it can be VERY! Panache is a restaurant we visited this March. They have a set menu of 5 or so entrees, including soup, salad, dessert. The food was great, but the service slow. I think they were unprepared for the night, as they ran out of certain items after we had ordered. The setting is a nice outdoor patio, road-side. Steak and Lobster Grill at Sandy Point Village is a beautiful sea-side restaurant. Dress is casually elegant. Go there for the buffet which features many delicious items. They have entertainment as well. La Tartarugua is the best Italian restaurant I have every been too. A bit expensive, but worth every penny. The setting is open-air at Bucco Bay. Miss Jean's at Store Bay is a must if you like curry. Order the beef roti or buss up shut. Yum! Ruby Lu's is a tiny place at Crown Point that is like eating at someone's home. Very small with tables outside on the porch. Exceptional hearty food like meatloaf and pot roast, along with excellent local seafood dishes. Ruby is an awesome host! Jemmas Tree House is a must, just for the view. Homestyle with the best fish. Riverside is another great homestyle restaurant with excellent fish and salads. The best meal we had during both of our stays, however, was aboard the Natural Mystic, a snorkling and sailing trip. Scott, the captain, grilled mahi mahi, bbq chicken and it was presented with the best 3-bean salad I have ever had. All you can eat and it was marvelous!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Thank you for that lovely report. I'm glad to see that your views endorse the general feedback and our own views, as reflected in our Restaurants list. Reports like yours are so helpful in keeping the information up to date. Restaurants, in particular, can so often go from good to bad (or vice versa) so quickly.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”