HELP!!! where should i stay??!!!

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
LauraMaharaj

HELP!!! where should i stay??!!!

Post by LauraMaharaj »

Hi, I am in a dilema. :shock: I won a trip for 2 to Tobago which covers flight and / but hotel accomodation only, for 3 days and 2 nights for a couple. I'm from Trinidad but i have never been to Tobago. So I basically want somewhere LUXURIOUS because this is my chance to stay at a fantastic hotel for once. But somewhere close to cheap restaurants and walking/travelling distance to things to do. Can you suggest a hotel? I have been browsing your site for months but i still can't make up my mind. It has been very informative though. Thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Laura

What a nice dilemma! Lucky you!

You say LUXURIOUS and “a fantastic” hotel, so I assume we should only look at 4/5* hotels. Fortunately this only gives a few to consider. So, you want it to be within walking distance of cheap restaurants and things to do. Your choices are:

Coco Reef Resort: Tobago’s most popular luxury hotel, but in the most built-up part of Tobago (not that that is noticeable once you are in the hotel’s grounds). There are at least a dozen cafés, restaurants and bars within easy walking distance and you are literally next door to Store Bay and Pigeon Point. This hotel meets all your criteria and would definitely be my recommendation for your circumstances.

Blue Haven Hotel: A smaller, more sophisticated luxury hotel. You can walk into Scarborough within 10-15 minutes, so lots of choice of restaurants, particularly at the cheaper end of the market. Not an awful lot to do though.

Le Grand Courlan: The least “luxurious” of this group. There are a few good restaurants and a couple of cheaper cafés within reasonable walking distance. Other than the beach, the only thing to ‘do’ within walking distance is to visit the Grafton Caledonia Bird Sanctuary.

Hilton: The most luxurious hotel on the island, but the planners ignored the essential business doctrine “Location, location, location!”. Absolutely no cheap restaurants or “things to do” within walking distance, but every type of sporting activity and/or tour can be arranged through the hotel.

Hope this helps. Please let us know what you decide and what you think of the hotel when you return.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
LauraMaharaj

Post by LauraMaharaj »

Thanks, you have been a great help. I was actually favouring Coco Reef Hotel because its new and luxurious, so you just sealed the deal!! :P Its great getting advice/ help from the experts. Thanks for such a quick reponse, i was amazed :lol: , you guys are doing a fantastic job.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Laura. Thanks for your kind words. Before anyone else jumps in, I should just point out that both the Hilton and Blue Haven are 'newer' than the Coco Reef, but this is an entirely academic point as the Coco Reef undoubtedly is the best choice given the things you have said. Enjoy and be sure to let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”