BA Business class sale

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

BA Business class sale

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

Hello everybody. I would just like to announce that BA sells out their WT+ and Club class chairs for incredible prices until june 7! You are allowed to leave in june and july at least, and also allowed to upgrade against a supplement of 50 pounds. Single fare in Club, including taxes is GBP 600!(Gatwick-Tobago)And You get full Executive club mileage, 12250 miles return! :D
You will find me gravitating from my GBP 274 ticket to chair 2J and K on midsummer´s day! See You in club shouts a happy bunny.
Stefan R

(and, yes, he has to be in the emergency room for 100 hours on nights and weekends to pull it off, but, what the heck, it´s 20 hours flying time...) :lol: :D
Phil Dean

Post by Phil Dean »

that sounds really good value........shame i can't get the time off. :(
R Shah

Post by R Shah »

Out of interest does BA have a Terraces lounge in Tobago?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Yes, its called the Coco Reef Resort and its a five minutes walk from the airport. :lol:

Joking aside, I don't think there are any VIP/Club/Special lounges at Crown Point airport.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

BA business sale

Dear mr Shah, there is no lounge in Tobago but there is one in Antigua. Why not make a stopover and visit another island? Barbuda, montserrat, St Cristioher and Nevis are just a stone´s throw away. Or the Grenadines? A connecting flight with LIAT takes You there the same evening...And You get the lounge in London and the Arrivals lounge at the Marriott.
Chrs
Stefan
R Shah

Post by R Shah »

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering re the lounge situation!! Also are the seats on BA club cradle or now a full bed.

I wouldn't mind heading back to Tobago next year and travelling in club would be great.
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

club chaies

Dear mr Shah, I assure You the seats are fully flat beds. Some find them a bit narrow. I have not yet found a BC bed which is better.And the service is, BA at its best, You are greeted by your name, someone takes your jacket, you get a glass of vintage champers, and YOUR HOLIDAY´s ON! I wouldn´t pay GBP 1200 single fare bit for half price I don´t mind to splurge!
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

BA business class sale

We have now (10 PM) returned with BA 2157 in their Club world. We must say that the experience was definitely worth it. We paid GBP 1200 taxes included for the return trip against GBP 599 in Travellers. On the outbound leg on midsummer´s day we checked in with no waiting time, greeted by friendly staff. We had pre-chosen seat 2J and K,(best in-house in a three class setting on the 777), were whisked through fast track and security to the terraces lounge, which offered anything You could possibly need. We boarded with priority, were greeted with kindness, they took my jacket and served champers unlimited. The mood of all the BA staff was absolutely top class with all of them having a twinkle in the eye and service outstanding-we did not have to ask, they offered. For example, I clumsily spilled half a glass in my seat- staff immediately with a smile came with a new seatcover and kind words, such as "happens every time sir, actually twice already this flight sir". Excellent food throughout with three course dinner AND cheese and bisquits! The "raid the larder" system is also generous. I didn´t even have to ask for that! Every time any attendant passed they had a smile, a few words and an offer of something! When they asked if I wanted a little something to digest my meal with they came with a good cognac in a snifter,said-looks frightfully lonesome there sir, shall we give it some company? and poured a double instead! And, yes, I could walk off the plane unaided....My fiancee does have some reins with which to control me.
Lovely bed with better blankets and cushions than before even though it is a bit narrow. I am 186 cm and I sleep on my side-works well here.
Lovely full english breakfast and kind good-byes from all the staff when landing.
Return trip less marvellous on 08-07 with a very stressed-out crew which ran (literally) around in the aisles and seemed to want to see who was the fastest eater and then started to collect plates from all the others immediately afterwards. They did what they were asked to, though-the main difference was that You had to ask-for an extra glass of juice and such things-but this was a nightflight-leaving Antigua 9PM, and those never seem to have the same level of service. We slept well nevertheless and awoke for a small breakfast and then showers, espresso, english break-o and change in the lounge at Sofitel Gatwick. I have never felt so relaxed when hitting my own pad 12 hours later after having made a transatlantic flight.5 stars on the way out and 4 back. Yes,BA, You are the world´s favvo airline for me at least when You discount so that ordinary people once in a while can afford transatlantic business class!
Stefan and Louise

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”